Pod Your Reef

Bubble tip anenome questions. Help?!

Syed

Hey guys, long time lurker and I decided to join and ask a few questions concerning bubble tip anemones in a 30 gallon tank. First question is in your opinions will a bubble tip anemone be fine in a 30 gallon tall tank (24"X12"X24"). Secondly is my current lighting enough for it? The lighting consists of 2 fixtures one is a regular T5 fixture with 2X18 Watt bulbs. The second fixture is a T5HO 2X24 Watt bulbs. Both fixtures are 24 inches long.

The tanks been running for quite a while (since last June) and I really want my Maroon Clown to host a anenome, he currently hosts a rock :/

what kind of fixtures do you have? ie brand? i have a RBTA in my solana under a nove extreme pro 20" 6x18 watt and it is doing fine. i feed mine every other day. i dont think size is a issue.

what kind of fixtures do you have? ie brand? i have a RBTA in my solana under a nove extreme pro 20" 6x18 watt and it is doing fine. i feed mine every other day. i dont think size is a issue.

Both are Coralife fixtures.

Your lights are fine. I kept mine under PCs for months, before going LED. It did better under the less intense lights. If you feed every other day, it'll grow huge, fast. I feed mine a 1/2 of a silverside every 3-4 days, and it still out grew my JBJ28. Once it starts hosting the clown, the clown will bring it bits of food during regular tank feedings, so hand feeding often won't be too crucial. I'd say 1/2 to a whole silverside 1-2 times a week. Obviously these are my findings. You may find it needs larger, or more often feedings.

Your lights are fine. I kept mine under PCs for months, before going LED. It did better under the less intense lights. If you feed every other day, it'll grow huge, fast. I feed mine a 1/2 of a silverside every 3-4 days, and it still out grew my JBJ28. Once it starts hosting the clown, the clown will bring it bits of food during regular tank feedings, so hand feeding often won't be too crucial. I'd say 1/2 to a whole silverside 1-2 times a week. Obviously these are my findings. You may find it needs larger, or more often feedings.

So a regular once a week feeding, I'll keep that in mind. Also in terms of placement, should I place it on live rock or sand? When going to look for one, what is there to look for in a healthy BTA at an LFS?

Archived