inTank Media Baskets

AI sol over 10 Gallon Tank

infinitestupidity

infinitestupidity

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while but this is my first post. Love the forum by the way!

I have recently purchased a ADA Mini L (45cm x 24cm x 30cm), which is approximately 9 gallons, and am now about to purchase my lights for a new nano reef. I want to get an AI sol or AI nano LED light but my question is would a sol be way too much lighting for this small tank. I am interested in upgrading to a larger tank in the future (year or two from now I suppose) so was considering the sol would be a good option for future proofing. The difference in cost at the moment is 75 GBP so would be worth considering the upgrade. What do you all think?

Thanks!

saltwatercoral

If you think you may upgrade your tank in the future I would go with the SOL vs the NANO. Dont get me wrong, the NANO is more that enough for your current setup. If you have the $ and think you be upgrading your tank size in the future sometime go with the SOL. I had a SOL on my 45g and was perfect! Check out the link to my Aqua Illuminations Club in my signature below. You have about 30 different members tanks to look through with the SOL and NANO's on them.

EDIT: you def want to get the controller as well no questions asked on that one. You can do so many things with the controller. You can also get a wireless modual for I think around $50 (USD) that will alow you to conect your SOL to your wireless netowork!

infinitestupidity

Okay, sounds like it is unanimous so. The difference in price between the two (both with controllers) is only 75 GBP so decision made. Thank you everyone for your help!

Archived