ReefCleaners.org

Flame Scallop just died -- PhytoFeast Live?

gbose

So my flame scallop just reappeared a couple of days ago after being missing in the live-rock for a couple of weeks or three. I've had him a few weeks; he disappeared after the first few days.I spot-fed him Phytofeast Live (10 drops dissolved in a couple of table-spoons of tank water), through a turkey-baster. I did this for 3 days running. Today, I have an empty shell at the back of my tank.

Could it have been the Phytofeast, maybe too concentrated? should I be careful of this stuff? or just coincidence?

GBose

altolamprologus
So my flame scallop just reappeared a couple of days ago after being missing in the live-rock for a couple of weeks or three. I've had him a few weeks; he disappeared after the first few days.I spot-fed him Phytofeast Live (10 drops dissolved in a couple of table-spoons of tank water), through a turkey-baster. I did this for 3 days running. Today, I have an empty shell at the back of my tank.

Could it have been the Phytofeast, maybe too concentrated? should I be careful of this stuff? or just coincidence?

GBose

He probably starved to death. 10 drops once a day is not nearly enough. Not to mention you stopped feeding him once he disappeared

Archived