Top Shelf Aquatics

20L leds

MeepNand

I have searched, and searched, and searched, and then I searched some more, but I can't find many threads about people going LED on their 20L tanks. Those who have spent $60+, and I am so poor I can't even afford that. So, I have a few questions:

-Will a combo of 6 NW and 6 RB Bridgelux leds from ledgroupbuy.com @ 700 ma be enough for a softie reef?

-What is a cheap driver that can do this? Links?

-If a constant current driver puts out 700ma, and 3-4v, will it run enough volts only to run the led or will it run anywhere between 3 and 4, regardless?

-Can I run them all on 1 700ma driver in paralell? Or will I need a seperate driver for each one?

- Does 1 3 watt driver supply enougb power for 1 led or will I only need one driver?

Thank you for any and all help!

If you don't want to spend that much that doesn't sound that bad I don't think you will get a lot of coverage with that. I guess that all depends on your lay out and height above water. I would suggest maybe getting that combination and making them kinda close so if the possibility comes you could get the same setup again and run them right next to each other. But that should be more than enough to get softies. Even possibly some sps. Check out my thread. I run par bulbs but you can see the light coverage not all that bad.

Archived