Cultivated Reef

Total Newb Question Water Height Nano Cube

coopaloopa

I have had my tank cycling for about 10 days now and have a really newb question all the sudden. What is the proper water height to fill the back chambers too? The way I have them filled now is at the same height with the main display tank. Should the chambers not be filled over the barriers of each other? The tank is a 24g Nano Cube. Thanks in advance.

Should the chambers not be filled over the barriers of each other?
I have never owned an AIO, but I would guess that you should keep the water level height just under the top of the back chamber sections. This will keep the level the proper height in the display and the other chambers. However, I would fill it so that the water doesn't fall far from the top of the chambers, as this could cause unwanted bubbles.

I removed the black sponge that "removes noise" and replaced it with a.long peice of filter floss. This alllows me to fill the back with more water. Pics soon enough. I'm going to be putting up my tank/custom controller thread in the next week.

surgicalsense
I have had my tank cycling for about 10 days now and have a really newb question all the sudden. What is the proper water height to fill the back chambers too? The way I have them filled now is at the same height with the main display tank. Should the chambers not be filled over the barriers of each other? The tank is a 24g Nano Cube. Thanks in advance.

Are you running the stock filtration media?

... then I will answer your question from there and yes it makes a difference with what your running in your back chambers and where the water should be.

Archived