Coral Vue Hydros

Protein Skimmer

Jmifland

I will be buying it next week. Although I won't be using it until March when I move into my new apartment. I want to get the exact size and see where I want to locate it in my sump before I start creating the compartments for everything in the 20 high. I have seen a ton of good reviews and a few bad ones but it was things that the warranty covers which is fine with me. 50 Reviews on Marine Depot and only one was bad and it was still three stars.

I can't find the ideal water level for this protein skimmer. Usually the protein skimmers say 6-9" of water is the best location but usually there is a sweet spot. I am thinking that I am going to have to return the 20 high aquarium and get the long for the sump instead. Otherwise I will have to lift the protein skimmer almost 5" off the bottom.

I can't find the ideal water level for this protein skimmer. Usually the protein skimmers say 6-9" of water is the best location but usually there is a sweet spot. I am thinking that I am going to have to return the 20 high aquarium and get the long for the sump instead. Otherwise I will have to lift the protein skimmer almost 5" off the bottom.

I'm looking @ the RO 110 in a 20H sump also.

You can adjust you baffling to account for skimmer operating depth.

The RO 110 should operate in ~ 6"-10" (link)

IME while researching the RO 110, most seemed to dial it in ~ 9" deep.

I'm considering having glazer fashion me up an acrylic skimmer riser JIC.

Archived