Coral Vue Hydros

Coraline Already?

nye15

Could it be possible to start to get Coraline algae to grow on my dry rock already?

I started up my tank (20 long) almost 4 weeks ago using about 15lbs of dry rock from reefcleaners.org and another 6lbs of cycled live rock that I picked up at my LFS. I used 20lbs of Arag-Alive Fiji Pink sand. I have been testing my water since the beginning and never saw any spikes of any kind. Many people on here told me that because I started the tank up using what I did that I would probably not see a cycle, they encouraged me to wait another week before adding the CUC. Never the less I waited a bit longer before adding a CUC two weeks ago. Then this past Sat. I added my first fish, a ORA True Perc. I have done water changes before adding my CUC as well as before adding the fish. Along with adding the fish on Sat. I also added Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen to my InTank media basket in my AC70. I have noticed that in the past week I have a ton of pods on the glass too! Yesterday I was looking at the tank and noticed little tiny red/purple specs on my dry rock. Could this be the start of Coraline?

Sorry that I don;t have a photo, at work right now. I'll try to get one later.

Thanks.

So last night I tried blowing off the rocks and these red/purplish specks did not come off. I'm hoping that this might be the start of Coralline. It's basically covering all of my dry rock.

surgicalsense
So last night I tried blowing off the rocks and these red/purplish specks did not come off. I'm hoping that this might be the start of Coralline. It's basically covering all of my dry rock.

:) It is.

DIY Cube Nano Man
Awesome!! I just thought that this process takes quite a bit longer than a month.

Pretty much starts immediately once your parameters are correct and stable. Good Job :)

Turn off your filter and use a tooth brush on the coralline you do have to spread it fast. Also ive found it tends to grow faster in not so well lit areas.

Turn off your filter and use a tooth brush on the coralline you do have to spread it fast. Also ive found it tends to grow faster in not so well lit areas.

The little specs are basically covering all of the rock already.

Archived