ReefCleaners.org

A bit impatient but how'd your experience go with Dr. Tims One & Only?

chabooky386

I know I shouldn't be thinking about using this solution as some people tend to shy away. But, from what I see and hear I don't see anything bad from people's reviews. Let me know your honest opinion. I have a 20 gallon long tank that I am about to cycle...

if youre cycling dry rock additives may be necessary but if youre starting with fresh LR, then patients is your best friend

the dude who said nothing good in this hobby ever came quickly was beyond right

Just wait till your tank cycles naturally... Why are you in such a hurry? I'm sure 3-4 weeks will not hurt...

I have dry rock I bought from brs. Nothing living in my tank once I have everything setup...

Buy 1lb of LR from LFS, or someone in the area. Try craigslist probably reefers there. Or if you have a local reef club get 1LB of LR from them and your good to go

Actually i just checked for LR on craigslist in Houston (Assuming that is where you live based of your sig) and people are selling tanks and LR. Contact them and ask them for 1LB for free or for a couple bucks

if you are starting with dry rock Id cycle it with your chemicals. after that is all cycled n whatnot add a few lbs of fully cycled rock from an established aquarium and then give it a few weeks before putting anything in

I know I shouldn't be thinking about using this solution as some people tend to shy away. But, from what I see and hear I don't see anything bad from people's reviews. Let me know your honest opinion. I have a 20 gallon long tank that I am about to cycle...

sorry about yesterday

• 6 months later...

Would it be safe to use as to prevent Amonia spikes from harming any of the life on the live rock, if indeed you are using live rock and live sand to cycle?

I know I shouldn't be thinking about using this solution as some people tend to shy away.

Why? What's wrong with adding nitrifying bacteria to your system, whether you're using live or dead rock and sand?

Nothing.

IMO, whether its in a little bottle or it's on a rock, it's the same bacteria essentially. I don't see why you wouldn't use it.

if youre cycling dry rock additives may be necessary but if youre starting with fresh LR, then patients is your best friend

I don't see how patients would help you, however patience is always good in this hobby :lol:

Archived