Top Shelf Aquatics

Ballz' 2.5G Dwarf Puffer Tank

iball1804

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! And yes, pics :)

I went to my LFS to "browse". I was going to buy something if they had anything worthwhile. They didn't. He is going to get me my purple guppies next week though...hopefully!!!!!

Pics! omgomgomg

Tank Shots

6736843741_c90c01d535.jpg

6736847563_7b59165225.jpg

6736829875_9b0f24c78a.jpg

6736836807_85011fdaf7.jpg

Ghetto-riffic light. I really need to make it better, it'a quite the fire hazard :lol:

6736826515_747c417a8b.jpg

Close-up of the airstone

6736823189_22fed8570e.jpg

Dward hairgrass, you can see my reef tank in the background

6736851531_d39d05ae83.jpg

6736833007_75cc50d394.jpg

My little oto that's still kickin' :happy:

6736858197_091c909c26.jpg

And that's it! Not much has changed, just siphoning and water changes. Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks

Trust me, I want to. It's all a combination of finding time to get there, having the money and coordinating my family.

Sometime soon, sometime soon :ninja:

Trust me, I want to. It's all a combination of finding time to get there, having the money and coordinating my family.

Sometime soon, sometime soon :ninja:

Cool thing about FW is that plants cost like $3, rather than a $20 frag :)

Depends on where you buy them!! You go to some stores and a common amazon sword is priced at $14.99 and you just shake your head.

Now! Luckily freshwater plants grow quickly, requiring pruning at fairly regular intervals. Friends with planted tanks make stocking a planted tank SO cheap.

iball: Any plans for some wooden pieces or moss?

Otos love zucchini slices! Green beans too, just don't leave them in the tank too long or it will foul.

Awesome! How big of a slice? Like a little sliver?

Yeah, hopefully I'll have this tank filled up rather quickly.

Depends on where you buy them!! You go to some stores and a common amazon sword is priced at $14.99 and you just shake your head.

Now! Luckily freshwater plants grow quickly, requiring pruning at fairly regular intervals. Friends with planted tanks make stocking a planted tank SO cheap.

iball: Any plans for some wooden pieces or moss?

That is a great idea! Do I just take some wood and put it in?

yes if you buy from hobbyists, you get healthy plants and cheaper prices :)

I'm looking around. LiveAquaria has some good deals.

For wood you could go with Malaysian driftwood or Mopani. Just be aware that they will leach tannins into the water and turn it brown. Some like it, some don't. There are ways to get around this though, if you wish to get wood.

For wood you could go with Malaysian driftwood or Mopani. Just be aware that they will leach tannins into the water and turn it brown. Some like it, some don't. There are ways to get around this though, if you wish to get wood.

Would you recommend it? Petsmart has some nice sandblasted Mopani pieces...

Would you recommend it? Petsmart has some nice sandblasted Mopani pieces...

Yes, I believe they have the Mopani in the reptile section. Personally I like driftwood much better, but they both make good choices.

Archived