ReefCleaners.org

Ballz' 2.5G Dwarf Puffer Tank

iball1804

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely missing the established filter for turnover. any bacteria living on the sand rock and tank walls don't compare to the utility an established filter, turning over water will provide. try to get that filter asap.

and also the floating plants since youre going to keep this filled with water. even simple duckweed will do if you can get it, or get salvinia, or frogbit, water lettuce. any of those.

definitely missing the established filter for turnover. any bacteria living on the sand rock and tank walls don't compare to the utility an established filter, turning over water will provide. try to get that filter asap.

That's on my checklist. Yay? Nay?

wow... I missed 4 pages in 24 hours lol. Puffers need good turnover, but remember it's not saltwater, so it doesn't have to be crazy. Mainly you don't want the sand blowing around.

I love Flourish Excel <3

wow... I missed 4 pages in 24 hours lol. Puffers need good turnover, but remember it's not saltwater, so it doesn't have to be crazy. Mainly you don't want the sand blowing around.

I love Flourish Excel <3

Exactly. 10x turnover is pretty good!

thats a fine filter. get it when you can.

Yes I will soon.

You didn't cycle that tank? that otocinclus is deadmeat, they are very sensitive but rock solid once established. Very poor fish for a first fish in an un-cycled tank especially.

You didn't cycle that tank? that otocinclus is deadmeat, they are very sensitive but rock solid once established. Very poor fish for a first fish in an un-cycled tank especially.

This tank was cycled. Well it technically wasn't cycled, but the sand was. It was in my puffer tank for over a year. I then added some Nite-Out II for bacteria, just in case :unsure:

its unfortunate that we have to rely on the fish now, but the oto will tell you if its been cycled or not. meanwhile, if you do have a test kit, you should be testing for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates in your tank roughly every 3 days. if you see any ammonia or nitrite, then do a 50% water change or more.

:unsure: OK. If it does, what do I do? Add nutrients? :D

Regular Flourish (looks the same, but smells like bad soy sauce, and not the excel kind)

I don't test my FW tanks, I can tell by the way the plants look.

This makes me want to turn my 10 gallon freshwater into a dwarf puffer tank... no joke.

I read if I put 2 females to 1 male, they won't be as aggressive. Even then, i can just make it a highly planted tank for 1. ALl i have in the freshwater right now is like a goldfish and some other fish.

Archived