Innovative Marine Aquariums

Custom DIMMABLE LED pendant - 24 CREE XR-E (14 white, 10 blue) PLUS EXTRAS

YouKnowBlev

Did you ever use this with the lenses? Any idea if this would have enough coverage for an sps dominated 40 breeder? Any issues with leds burning out or wiring connections?

Pm sent

Replied

Did you ever use this with the lenses? Any idea if this would have enough coverage for an sps dominated 40 breeder? Any issues with leds burning out or wiring connections?

I had an XP burn out the first week. Replaced it with a trusty XR and it's been golden ever since. This is my 2nd LED light I've made and the first was ALL XP's (never had any burn outs for the 1+ year of use).

Sorry I didn't touch on your other questions. I had the lenses on 40% of the time. I noticed better coral reactions without them so I left them off. As for the 40, I don't think it would have enough spread for the WHOLE length. I was actually going to do a 40 breeder with SPS in the middle and gradually have lower light required corals towards the outside. Ended up just wanting to go bare minimum (10 gallon) till the move.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why didn't you accept the offer (whoever offered you the $200)?

this is one of the reasons why I do not like DIY projects. it cost a lot to build something like this but the resale value is very suck

good luck with the sale

why didn't you accept the offer (whoever offered you the $200)?

this is one of the reasons why I do not like DIY projects. it cost a lot to build something like this but the resale value is very suck

good luck with the sale

That was in February. After hearing what the person needed, I didn't think the light would work for their setup so I pointed them in a different direction. Not gonna tell someone this is the perfect light when it's obviously not. I think the person in question had a longer tank, which this is the wrong light for.

Hell, I had a guy offer me $180 a few months ago. I’ve been really busy and I wasn’t thinking clearly when he offered it. Nevertheless, sitting in the office, boxed and ready to go. Thanks for the well wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived