Coral Vue Hydros

Hypo's Underwater Garden - I am alive!

hypostatic

And here are some short videos

So I have a Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector connecter to a powerhead. It creates some nice alternating flow in my tank. So to show this, here is a video of my GSP waving in the flow.

Oh, and because I love microfauna, here is a video of some feather dusters

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated post #1 with current hardware specs, for anyone who is curious.

Also, took some more pics!

Sun coral
a2rmok.jpg

Branching dendro
sc9vls.jpg

Pipe organ polyps slowly coming back from the dead

spzoli.jpg

347guag.jpg

• Like 3

So my babylonia snail decided to climb onto my powerhead and hang upside down for a bit before falling down clumsily. Made an animated gif of it (sorry for the changing aspects)

anim_68c8e109-c509-52d4-2dac-293c96f82ec

• Like 1

Well, a good filter does that haha. It takes all the bas stuff out of the water while I just sit back and enjoy the view. Also, I'm pretty lazy with the tank in general haha

Oh, yes, laziness has set in. Hopefully no nasties settled during that time. Tank still looks great from the photos

oh my good god, I'd have cried. T_T I think with roots and new stalks, you should be okay! :wub:

did you figure out what's eating them? :'(

I have a feeling this might have been the culprit: Phyllodesmium colemani

Eats pipe organs (and other octocorals I think). Looks just like the white pipe organs I originally had:

Nudibranch-Phyllodesmium-colemani.jpg

ga-phyllodesmium.colemani.jpg

m19669d.jpg

8506033607_6b283c1ed1_c.jpg

• Like 1

Gah, i've been hesitant to do a FTS since the star grass and pipe organs were almost wiped out, but since it's been requested i guess I'll have to do it lol

:D Well it can be like a before and after picture then when it's all grown in again! plus it'll document your progress for you to look back on, right? :)

• Like 1

Ah, so remember this guy?

9pnxjb.jpg

I'm almost 100% positive that it is Anemonia gracilis ,The Graceful Anemone. So don't call them majanos anymore! lol

If anyone's interested, here's the discussion on Albert Thiel's thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/305180-the-official-ask-albert-thiel-thread/?p=4589483

:D Well it can be like a before and after picture then when it's all grown in again! plus it'll document your progress for you to look back on, right? :)

Yeah, but also I need to do some glass-cleaning to make it presentable haha

• Like 3

Updated the stocklist again. Forgot my snails!

I think my elegance is eating all of the asterinas I've carefully added to the tank... The other day I saved one of them from the middle of its tentacles. I think it was only half alive by the time i got to it... But I think this is what's happening to them, since the elegance's tentacles are right up against the glass where the stars are always passing by...

Tank looks awesome hypo!How bout an updated FTS?

By popular demand:

FTS 12/30/13

345if5f.jpg

Left side closeup:

f0c5z5.jpg

Right side closeup:

x2rqc8.jpg

Because everyone loves this goni:

2le4hz6.jpg

annnnd Mr. Peppermint hiding in the shadows

29gj5z8.jpg

So here's a photography question. How come sometimes my pictures a really fuzzy like mr peppermint?

• Like 2

State Of The Star Grass Address

15x0lg7.jpg

Well, it's recovering slowly, but the good news is that is seems to be steadily accelerating it's growth. Keep in mind it's recovering from basically only having one stem.

• Like 3

What is that yellow one? A leuc?

Dendrobates leucomelas. I don't think the photo shows it, but the ones I have are actually a nice metallic yellow. Super cool.

They also have a really cool mating call. Perfect for making it feel like you brought some of the rainforest into your home

• Like 2

PS I LOVE YOUR GONI how long have you had this beautiful coral!

Just a couple of new additions:

Goni!

2q0veoz.jpg

Dude you have the best of both worlds with the Darts and the Reef! I personally love darts and you seem great at what your doing!