inTank Media Baskets

Elegance Coral Dream

TheKleinReef

I've read that success with this coral is becoming increasingly uncommon, but they're just so damn beautiful.

Are there any tips and tricks that will help boost my success with it? Or should i just wait until i know my system is stable and healthy enough to support one. The description of my system is in my signature (: But here's a breakdown:

29 gal with sump/refugium

100gal ASM protein skimmer

40lbs live rock

4 bags of live sand

4 18 bulb high PAR LED strips (50/50 white/blue ratio)

Also, are there any signs i should be looking for at the LFS that characterizes an unhealthy specimen.

Thanks guys!

If you can determine the collection zone from the wholesaler that will be the best indicator of longevity. The hardier elegance corals, as I unerstand it, tend to be from the dirtier lagoons. They are sensitive to conditional change. If you can determine whereit came from that may help determine if your set up is appropriate.

If you can determine the collection zone from the wholesaler that will be the best indicator of longevity. The hardier elegance corals, as I unerstand it, tend to be from the dirtier lagoons. They are sensitive to conditional change. If you can determine whereit came from that may help determine if your set up is appropriate.

My LFS gets their supply from Indonesia, other than that i have no idea. I'll ask though, thanks for the advice! Have you had a success story with an elegance?

indonesia elegance corals are far less likely to survive than australian ones. Due to the price difference, I often feel that many sources claim them to be "Australian" no matter where the come from.

indonesia elegance corals are far less likely to survive than australian ones. Due to the price difference, I often feel that many sources claim them to be "Australian" no matter where the come from.

have you found a place that sells, for lack of a better word, "stronger" elegance corals? an online site or something?

I have been wanting one of these for a while now. My local petco who normally can kill any coral in less than a week has had one for a couple months now I am thinking about buying. It was looking pretty bad but is now looking good again I'm thinking if it's lived trough two months of petco it must be pretty strong

Archived