Pod Your Reef

Rapid LED KIT

Sashimi

I installed the DIY kit from rapid led and was wondering if I can put them on full power or is that going to be too much? I've had them at 60% for about 2 weeks. Can I work my way up to 100 % ?

post-69601-1326607247_thumb.jpg

Whataclownyoufrag
I installed the DIY kit from rapid led and was wondering if I can put them on full power or is that going to be too much? I've had them at 60% for about 2 weeks. Can I work my way up to 100 % ?

What size tank is that ? What rapid kit is it?

You can take your LEDs to 100%. It should be done slowly over a few week to keep from bleaching out you live stock

It a 29 gallon biocube with the DIY Kit 24 LEDS from rapid led. 12 royal blue 12 cool white

definitely monitor the heatsink temp and ensure you have strong air flow across it. If it's running at 1000mA when you refer to 100% then you have over 72 watts (assuming 3w led) to deal with and that wont be done by some silent single 80mm fan. It should stay warm to the touch, not hot after being on for a few hours.

How do ya like your kit?

I'm just about ready to get a kit from Rapid as well. I spoke to Mike and was able to "customize" the kit with a 2:1 RB/NW instead of the standard 1:1 RB/CW no problems.

NW has a lower K than CW for a more natural look.

I'll have everything on dimmers so I can mix to my liking.

I was just curious on the kit quality and if ya ran into any issues.

Plus, I'm just killin a little time ... lol. Ya know how that is.

Your pic looks great. No shadowing issues or disco problems? Have a pic of the layout ya can post?

I just went basic

cw rb cw rb cw rb

rb cw rb cw rb cw

cw rb cw rb cw rb

rb cw rb cw rb cw

I went with the solderless kit so I can't control the two different colors. I can only adjust each driver one at a time

I was debating on the rapid led kit, but after seeing your picture I am sold...but now I am wondering if I should just go with the 12 led kit as opposed to the 24 led kit over my 20g high. The 24 led kit could be a bit of overkill. Does the potentiometer come with the kit, or did you have to buy those seperately? I see the retrofit dimmable kit, but it doesn't look like it comes with the potentiometer...what is the difference in hardware between the dimmable and the not dimmable?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that the drivers for the dimmable kit are different.

Archived