Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

First attempt: Fluval Edge 2 nano reef

camry90

i've killed 2 or 3 spiders so far, i hope that's all. i thought Coral RX would kill everything. darn... i would have to take the plug out next time i see the spyder again. so the red snail is bad?

Builder Anthony

pretty much.you could scrub all that off if u wanted to.its just that type of plant you dont want in your tank.some corals cant fight it off and it leads to tissue damage and other problems.try and get it off his shell then itll regrow.a tank of that would be high matinence.but if you dont plan on haveing any type of stony corals it would be 98 percent better because they have no skeleton.

found a worm

P1070504.jpg

one cool thing about the fluval edge. you can see the bottom!

P1070515.jpg

my pom pom

P1070495.jpg

th_P1070492.jpg

wtf is this nest?

P1070509.jpgP1070505.jpgP1070508.jpgP1070506.jpg

i feel like i just hit puberty!!!

P1070517.jpg

this is my sump next to the water heater. luckily, there is a drain hole(on the left of the sump) for the water tank overflow so i can just use that for RODI and water changes.

P1070541.jpg

P1070543.jpg

P1070563.jpg

P1070483-1.jpgP1070490-1.jpg

P1070472.jpg

my co-workers gave me some goodies

P1070542.jpg

P1070540.jpg

GSP

P1070551.jpg

some hermits and a peper mintshrimp

P1070549.jpg

P1070548.jpg

and my pom pom have eggs!

P1070536.jpg

th_P1070533.jpg

bought a goby and a red banded pistol.. but forgot to take a picture of it

P1070550.jpg

my live rock is getting darker and darker?

P1070534.jpgP1070518.jpg

P1070519.jpg

P1070520.jpg

P1070544.jpg

th_P1070553.jpg

your goby will be fine, the nest thing looks like some kind of sponge which is good. Nice tank by the way its coming along really nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Disaster Struck!

so here is the sory...

i had some "make-shift" DIY LED lighting that i am using because the original Edge2 LED got damaged. when i was away, my gf dunked the lighting in the tank for 10 mins before realising that something's going on with it... needless to say, one of the 5050 LED light blew and discharged something in the water.

-when i came back home, 2 astraea snails was dying and all the zoa and shrooms was closed, pulsing xenia died

-the next morning(sunday), all live stock appeared to be ok and the peppermint moulted

-the next morning(monday), my female clown was found on the floor(didn't cover tank)

-Monday afternoon, peppermint was flat-out on the sand bed...

what a freaking April fool weekend. that will teach me to joke with my co-workers(the clowns owner) about the clowns being dead on april first.

now i got a replacement for the dead clown and those 2 clowns are fighting and twitching around the display tank... i hope my co-workers won't ask for it back any time soon! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^thanks for checking in i have been busy lately.

the tank did fine and everything came back just like before. I think my clowns have decided their sex. the male has become a female and gained quite some belly!

i bought a few frags and got a good deal. here are some pictures from 2 days ago.

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0796.jpgIMG_0797.jpgIMG_0798.jpgIMG_0799.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0804.jpg

Yeah I will. I am making something like yours but now I found out that I need an other driver for my 4 exotic color LEDs. I can't wait to get it done.

It is really worth it, I just wish I would have mixed up the colors. I'm going to be getting a couple of true violets, neutral whites and maybe a red led. That way I can cover most of the light spectrum.

• 3 months later...
found thein the back of the tank. gotta be out for at least 24 hours

IMG_0782.jpg

i can honestly say i know how you feel.... i just lost my clown 3 days ago... it was my female, i have had the pair for 6 months and they were doing so good, i woke up 3 days ago and i noticed i couldnt see 1 of the clowns, i panicked and finally found it dried up, it made a jump for it. such a bummer.... I grew attached to the little bugger... not sure what to do next, im sure the male is bummed that he cant find his partner. what are your plans?

found thein the back of the tank. gotta be out for at least 24 hours

Sorry to read it, is there some fish in the tank that was chasing it as clowns normally do not jump out of the tank (there are exceptions, as with so many things in our hobby, but as a general rule they do not IME).

Wonder what made him do that. Any idea?

• 3 months later...

long long overdue... i lend my cameras to my parents and haven't had a chance to get it back.

New upgrade since last time was AI nano. i took pictures with my iphone and the white balance was WAY OFF so it shows much blue-er than it is.

first, a video of my toby eating a bristle worn and had it pinned on the nose for a while. lol so cute

th_IMG_1071.jpg

th_IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

i bought an Acan and a Duncan. 2 head duncan for 14,99$ !!!!!

Archived