Cultivated Reef

Multiple Gorgasms

LongPig

Went to a local store today that was hosting a frag swap. I got a frag of Captain Americas directly from Jason Fox. Bought a Ponape Birdsnest, an orange Yuma, some Fruit Loop Zoa's, a Line Spot Flasher Wrasse and a Coral Beauty all for 30% off too. I'll get some pics up later.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another 40B - awesome!

Loving your fish :)

Yeah you really can't beat the 40's for their dimensions and the fact that they're $40 at Petco.

Never mind. Found the yuma face down stuck to the Vortech this morning. I guess it needed a change of venue.

Thank god! Cause I wanted one when it grows out

Thank god! Cause I wanted one when it grows out

Ha! yeah it seems fine. I nestled it down into a rock in a low flow area. Should be fine now.

I've been noticing a lot of tiny detritus floating around the aquarium lately so I decided to change from 200 micron filter socks to 50 micron filter socks. I got them in today, gave them a quick bleaching immediately and put one in the sump tonight. Within an hour I noticed that most of the floating debris was clearing up. I'm hoping by morning my small investment will have paid off.

I've been noticing a lot of tiny detritus floating around the aquarium lately so I decided to change from 200 micron filter socks to 50 micron filter socks. I got them in today, gave them a quick bleaching immediately and put one in the sump tonight. Within an hour I noticed that most of the floating debris was clearing up. I'm hoping by morning my small investment will have paid off.

Do you have to change the filter socks more often now that they collect more?

Do you have to change the filter socks more often now that they collect more?

I don't have to but I've been changing them every two days now anyway.

Sweet set up! Did you decide on any other fish to add?

No not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woot, nice work getting a female Vermiculte Leopard, they are amazing fish. Is she eating frozen yet? I've been able to get mine on flakes and pellets along with frozen.

Woot, nice work getting a female Vermiculte Leopard, they are amazing fish. Is she eating frozen yet? I've been able to get mine on flakes and pellets along with frozen.

Yeah she's eating the hell out of frozen Mysis and Cyclopeez right now. I feed New Life Spectrum pellets to my other fish so hopefully she'll show interest in them soon.

Archived