Coral Vue Hydros

Newbie with a 8ish G Wave

Chris83

Hi All,

Newbie from Bucks,

I keep and breed dart frogs as a hobby, and got this in a trade many years ago, but never did anything with it.

Its a 'wave', and 12inches wide and deep, and 13inches high.

It has a protein skimmer, 2 powerheads, and a heater, and a twin bulb over top.

Am I being unrealistic hoping to set it up as a 1st nano?

I have background in fish- kept and bred lots of tropicals as a kid, then several brackish, then had a 4ft reef, but technology has changed lots!

I'm hoping I can get away with buying premade water from the local M'head aquatics (of course check salinity etc).

Do I run the tank with just live sand in 1st, or add sand and live rock?

photo4-25.jpg

Should have also put- planning just inverts- this tank is lid-less- is this an issue with crabs etc?

:welcome: rock then sand (cycle with both in) . i almost started collecting dart frogs but did leopard geckoes instead!

Cheers mate.

Darts are amazing- living jungle- always changing, growing etc.

Kept and bred lots of leo morphs- but got bored of it, plus, markets dropped with them.

I got my geckoes 5/$50

Not 5, 6/$50

When I lived in new York I had a 10g vivarium with anoles a leopard frog, a fire belly toad, and a house gecko. I ordered some mantellas at my local pet store, but they never came <_< . I wish I had gotten them.

I got my geckoes 5/$50

Not 5, 6/$50

When I lived in new York I had a 10g vivarium with anoles a leopard frog, a fire belly toad, and a house gecko. I ordered some mantellas at my local pet store, but they never came <_< . I wish I had gotten them.

I ended up with approx 800 mantella after my group bred!

Archived