inTank Media Baskets

Help with dosing

Nehsmit

Hey all,

I have a 24g tank where I do 20% water changes weekly. I have SPS, LPS, softies, etc and 2 clowns, a YWG and shrimps with the usual CUC.

I have been testing alk and calcium regularly and dosing 2 part ESV. I started testing mag today and found it to be 800ppm. Alk is 9.0 and calcium is 520.

I dosed 10ml of Magnesium (26ppm per 1ml). I then dose 5mls of each of 2 part ESV B-Ionic.

My questions:

1. How long do I have to wait between dosing each of the 3 supplements?

2. How SLOWLY do I have to dose each part? Can I just inject it all in 1 quick shot into my MP 10 or do I have to do it slowly drop by drop?

3. Do I have to dose the second part since my calcium is already so high? Can I just dose part 1 without the 2nd?

Thank you all for your help.

if you just started testing for these i would honestly hold off - if everything in your tank is happy and healthy you could be introducing a problem that you were unaware of.

Keep track of the reedings over a month/month and a half - if it is stable like it has been - keep rolling with it .. there is no need to dose if you have no idea what your tanks normal is

Thanks for the quick reply.

But even if my tank normals are 800 for Magnesium and 7.5 for alk, arent those too low? Shouldnt I supplement to get them up?

Archived