Coral Vue Hydros

Double Vortech & Radion 60g Cube

Criley7

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking build. Very nice.

Could you do me a favor?

Can you post a few pics of bracket that you've used to mount the light. It looks like a large L bracket, did you fix it to the side of the stand? Getting ideas, not sure how to mount a light when I eventually take the plunge. Whether to put an L bracket off the wall, or similar to how you have it. Where did you find that bracket?

Thanks

Great looking build. Very nice.

Could you do me a favor?

Can you post a few pics of bracket that you've used to mount the light. It looks like a large L bracket, did you fix it to the side of the stand? Getting ideas, not sure how to mount a light when I eventually take the plunge. Whether to put an L bracket off the wall, or similar to how you have it. Where did you find that bracket?

Thanks

Thanks!

My Dad actually got me the stand from Ace Hardware. I think they used them to hang advertising signs outside. It works perfectly tho because the height is fully adjustable by a push button and it has a flat base that the tank stand sits on, instead of mounting it to my walls or stand.

bZYem.jpg

Best picture I can get you on my iPhone.

That sounds awesome. Having a major dilemma on how to mount a light above my tank in the future. Its in a corner so I cant think of many options.

Does ACE sell this? or is it just something they had to use in there store?

Thanks for the quick response.

That sounds awesome. Having a major dilemma on how to mount a light above my tank in the future. Its in a corner so I cant think of many options.

Does ACE sell this? or is it just something they had to use in there store?

Thanks for the quick response.

I got the floor model in black. I think they sell them in red, but I'm sure they could order it. It cost me $45

Somehow I got this with my iPhone. My cleaner shrimp cleaning my yellow tang.

eUCXt.jpg

Sorry to keep asking questions.

Do you know what they call that product? or what I'd even search for?

Thanks

Ill talk to my Dad and see if he knows. Ill let you now if I find out anything.

Ill talk to my Dad and see if he knows. Ill let you now if I find out anything.

Hey I'm Criley7's dad. The stand is used by Ace Hardware to hang their display signs in the store. It has two hooks welded at the top and adjusts from like four feet to eight feet. Flat bottom stand that will slide under an aquarium stand. I simply asked my local Ace owner if she'd sell me one and she did for $45. They come in black and red.They wouldn't have them in a catalog.

Hey, don't know if there was anyone else interested in the light hanger that Criley had. I checked out ACE and they weren't gonna let me buy one from them. So found a few online that you can buy, links are below. I like the look of the 1st one in this post, however the one they have at ACE I believe is the southern imperial one.

Hope this is useful for anyone thinking of a way to mount a light.

http://store.semasys.com/black-pallet-sign-kit-p14.aspx

http://www.vkf-renzel.us/art/130299

http://www.southernimperial.com/adjustable...ors-p-3698.html

Archived