Pod Your Reef

Double Vortech & Radion 60g Cube

Criley7

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pics?!?!?! I want to see this blasto colony - I have an obsession with blastos and acans, and must have them lol

If they acclimate to the light and open fully I'll post pics tomorrow.

Well, I'm an expert, lol, my tanks is 8 week old. But, I'd still think about it.

Lol thanks for the input. Always welcome.

Hey criley - the vortech sponges are nice for catching food/keeping inhabitants from getting sucked in. I throw mine in the washer without anything with my return and reactor pump spongest along with my filter sock to clean them weekly - just a little tidbit. Before you take them out to clean them so you don't scratch your glass with a magfloat, I use the vortech sponges to clean the glass/scrub down by the sand and they make great glass scrubbers haha. Scape looks good man

Also try taking some reefputty and build up a little mound between the live rock and glass to keep your rock from accidently nicking or scratching the glass should you ever decide to rescape or whatnot

Hey criley - the vortech sponges are nice for catching food/keeping inhabitants from getting sucked in. I throw mine in the washer without anything with my return and reactor pump spongest along with my filter sock to clean them weekly - just a little tidbit. Before you take them out to clean them so you don't scratch your glass with a magfloat, I use the vortech sponges to clean the glass/scrub down by the sand and they make great glass scrubbers haha. Scape looks good man

Also try taking some reefputty and build up a little mound between the live rock and glass to keep your rock from accidently nicking or scratching the glass should you ever decide to rescape or whatnot

Awesome info. Thanks!

Sorry I'm late on the glass vs. scape question! As it passed you pushing test, I'm sure it can support anything else. You'll be fine. But be wary of detritus and dead zones back there, along with the fact that your glass cleaner can't get back there.

Sorry I'm late on the glass vs. scape question! As it passed you pushing test, I'm sure it can support anything else. You'll be fine. But be wary of detritus and dead zones back there, along with the fact that your glass cleaner can't get back there.

I actually have a JBJ Oceanstream behind the rock scape so it pushes all detritus back out to the front of the tank. And I also have an opening in the scape that I can get my mag float In between to clean most of the glass behind the scape. I was trying to think everything one step ahead with this set up. What do you think about my new set up iball?

Well you're on top of things :lol: But yes that sounds fine!

Keep us updated. I hope everything goes well for you and your tank fingerscrossed

Well you're on top of things :lol: But yes that sounds fine!

Keep us updated. I hope everything goes well for you and your tank fingerscrossed

Thanks I appreciate it.

Wow, that is a huge Blastos. I can't believe the LFS did not frag that out in order to make more $ from it. Looks like things are progressing nicely for you and this tank. Are you loving the light? I've heard nothing but great things about it.

Wow, that is a huge Blastos. I can't believe the LFS did not frag that out in order to make more $ from it. Looks like things are progressing nicely for you and this tank. Are you loving the light? I've heard nothing but great things about it.

Well they did have some frags of it. But they were like 5 heads for $45 and the colony was tucked in the back and they had a small sign saying $99. Their loss is my gain tho haha. And thanks, your tank is sick too! I love the light! The colors are so crisp. I would recommend the Radion to everyone!

This tank looks great and nice pick up on those blastos. Mine is a very slow grower.

Thanks! I won't mind if the colony grows slow it's already huge. When I gets a little bigger I will have to frag it so it doesn't out grow the spot I put it in.

Archived