Cultivated Reef

Double Vortech & Radion 60g Cube

Criley7

Your old dad doesn't get any credit here?

Yea you do.

Edit: We made the PVC plumbing.

ipd0z.jpg

Tank was too cloudy to do the final aquascape tonight. By the time it cleared it was too late to start. I will be finishing after work tomorrow night. Stay tuned!

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the tank completely filled now. Just letting it run for a little so the water can clear up and I can design my aquascape. In the mean time I'm doing a few more adjustments and then I'll hang the Radion.

9zicb.jpg

lookit all that water omgomgomg

Deleted User 4

hmmm love the scape and corals, but are you sure you would want to lean the rocks against the glass? I mean it be hard or impossible to scrub the glass on that side..

hmmm love the scape and corals, but are you sure you would want to lean the rocks against the glass? I mean it be hard or impossible to scrub the glass on that side..

Thanks.

The sides of the glass that the rocks are up against are not viewing sides because the tank is in a corner.

So algae or coralline shouldn't be a problem on those sides.

Looks fabulous!!! I love the scape, but I also agree that you might want to not have the rocks against the glass.

Thanks!!! What would happen with the rocks against the glass? Just eventually get covered in coralline?

Thanks!!! What would happen with the rocks against the glass? Just eventually get covered in coralline?

Nothing as long as a sudden increase of weight or downwards force pushes it into the glass.

Possible slide move or shift and crack the glass i would think

All the LR is just barely touching the glass. I didn't use the glass as a brace or support at all. I have all the Live rock locked into each other. Plus I already tested the structure by applying downward force( Using my hands to push as hard as I could) to all the different "Vulnerable" areas. It passed! If thats the only concerns then I shouldnt have any problems.

Anyone have any other comments on the scape or set -up?

Nothing as long as a sudden increase of weight or downwards force pushes it into the glass.

^

I just added a small yellow tang and a 100+ head Blasto colony that I got for $99! I couldn't pass it up. When I was dipping it I found a pistol shrimp hitch hiking too! I'll post pictures when the Blastos open.

I just added a small yellow tang and a 100+ head Blasto colony that I got for $99! I couldn't pass it up. When I was dipping it I found a pistol shrimp hitch hiking too! I'll post pictures when the Blastos open.

It's pretty much my parental right that I get at least 25 heads of that Blasto.

Just IMO, it easier to clean the glass and have more flow around the rocks for less detritus and crap to get stuck in there. You have the room to do it and it would be much easier to do it now than later.

Are those rocks glued together?

Just IMO, it easier to clean the glass and have more flow around the rocks for less detritus and crap to get stuck in there. You have the room to do it and it would be much easier to do it now than later.

Are those rocks glued together?

I have a JBJ Ocean stream behind all the rock to push any trapped detritus from behind the rocks. And no rocks are not glued together.

Archived