SaltCritters.com

Neptune Systems Apex Lite Controller

PSYS

Did a search and didn't find anything quite this specific.

I've been going back and forth on what kind of powerheads + wavemaker I want to use. I was thinking about getting a Koralia Controllable 2 + Koralia Controllable 3 and their Basic Wavemaker 2 for my 40B project. Link is here.

I found the Koralias + the wavemaker for a decent price on eBay. But even at that price, I found I could probably get an Apex Lite which would give me even MORE features to add on later.

I can't seem to find any concrete information anywhere that tells me exactly what I need to do what I want to do with the Apex Lite.

I'm not too concerned with any of the probe modules right off the bat. I can add those later.

I do want a controller / timer system for my lighting and I want a wavemaker for my powerheads.

Will the Apex Lite do these simple things right out of the box without buying anyother modules or parts or accessories? Is the wavemaker built within the Apex Lite as flexible as the one from Hydor? Seems like I can dial back the Koralias with the wavemaker from Hydor so they aren't always utilizing full power.

How do I know what powerheads are compatible with the Apex Lite? I thought some manufacturer's powerheads were not compatible or recommended to be used with a wavemaker?

Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this controller.

Did a search and didn't find anything quite this specific.

I've been going back and forth on what kind of powerheads + wavemaker I want to use. I was thinking about getting a Koralia Controllable 2 + Koralia Controllable 3 and their Basic Wavemaker 2 for my 40B project. Link is here.

I found the Koralias + the wavemaker for a decent price on eBay. But even at that price, I found I could probably get an Apex Lite which would give me even MORE features to add on later.

I can't seem to find any concrete information anywhere that tells me exactly what I need to do what I want to do with the Apex Lite.

I'm not too concerned with any of the probe modules right off the bat. I can add those later.

I do want a controller / timer system for my lighting and I want a wavemaker for my powerheads.

Will the Apex Lite do these simple things right out of the box without buying anyother modules or parts or accessories? Is the wavemaker built within the Apex Lite as flexible as the one from Hydor? Seems like I can dial back the Koralias with the wavemaker from Hydor so they aren't always utilizing full power.

How do I know what powerheads are compatible with the Apex Lite? I thought some manufacturer's powerheads were not compatible or recommended to be used with a wavemaker?

Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this controller.

You'll get much more bang for your buck with the apex I think, not to mention if you upgrade in tank size at a later date you can always add tunze's to it. I also like being able to control multiple powerheads and the remote warnings. Shoot even check out the iphone led control... I have seen some guys throw red leds for an overcast storm feature which is pretty darn cool.

the apex jr will do all that as long as your not concerned with ph monitoring off the bat. just make sure you buy the koralia evolution pumps or other controlable pumps like tunze or maxi jets. the old koralia pumps don't work worth a crap on a wavemaker and the koralia v2's are 12v and need there own expensive wavemaker. the koralia's you linked two would not work you would need one of the new evolution models, in your case one of the 550's and one of the 750's

i had my two evo 750's on my apex jr switch every 10 minutes and turn off a half hour after the lights went off. its just a few simple code tweaks. the apex jr is only $150 to your door online.

basically coding them would be like this (you use the OSC command and your time is in minutes and seconds, off/on/off is how they work

pump 1

OSC 0/30:00/30:00 Then ON (this says pump one will run for 30 minutes than stop for 30 minutes)

pump 2

OSC 30:00/30:00/0 Then ON (this says pump two will wait 30 minutes to start, run for 30)

all your osc programming goes into effect at midnight so if you program it at 4 in the afternoon it doesn't take effect until midnight. your time doesn't have to add up til an hour even, the apex will figure that out for you.

the apex lite is ok but i would rather not have the display because its just something else for the kids to mess with and potentially nuke the tank. id also rather get the full apex over the light because some of the lesser used but still features are removed. its more expensive to add them on later. that's kinda where im at with my apex jr though. i could add 8 more outlets (total of 12) and a ph probe and ill be at the cost of a apex lite but id have 4 more outlets but no display.

most of the controlling i do via my iphone and coding changes i make via the computer.

Archived