inTank Media Baskets

Pistol Shrimp Goby Pair

.:LOLLY:.

I am currently cycling a 29g BioCube and have been entertaining the idea of getting a Pistol Shrimp and a Goby. Are there certain things to look for when selecting them. I love how I've seen pix of both of them hanging out in the same hole.

The best, truly reef safe pistol = Candy Cane

They look great with Yashas, Pink Stripes, Watchmans, etc What kind of gobies were you thinking of?

i have a yasha and candy stripe pistol in my solana. i like them. they have a cool relationship. the pistol closes them both in at night and opens the hole back up in the day. when i placed them in the tank i put them in a cup and placed it over the area i wanted them to burrow. they did and they have stayed put. it is not too much fun to have a 50$ fish and 20$ shrimp hang at out in the back of the tank. just a tip.

Watchman. I used to have one (RIP) in a different tank. People say it was natural causes but I think it was the dreaded bristle worm. I fell in love with it and want one for this tank. And it would be a fish only tank (for now) as I am still a noob.

i have a yasha and candy stripe pistol in my solana. i like them. they have a cool relationship. the pistol closes them both in at night and opens the hole back up in the day. when i placed them in the tank i put them in a cup and placed it over the area i wanted them to burrow. they did and they have stayed put. it is not too much fun to have a 50$ fish and 20$ shrimp hang at out in the back of the tank. just a tip.

That relationship sounds cool. I like the part where they close up shop before bed LOL. That's a cool tip about helping them choose a spot.

I like my tiger pistol, but I don't dare put a coral on the bottom in that tank. He even picked the glue away from the bottom of a zoa frag i attached to my lr and took it in his cave never to be seen again. I've also knick named him dozer for obvious reasons. But he sure is cool to watch.

I like my tiger pistol, but I don't dare put a coral on the bottom in that tank. He even picked the glue away from the bottom of a zoa frag i attached to my lr and took it in his cave never to be seen again. I've also knick named him dozer for obvious reasons. But he sure is cool to watch.

this^

i got a candy because they are small. one time i had one hitch in on LR and it was a monster...clicking all night, moved frags (that were glued) stirred up sand...pita.

When my goby was still alive and kicking he didn't take crap from any one. One time there was a hermit in front of his entrance that didn't feel like moving, so the goby took it upon himself to move him out of the way. The goby swam up behind the hermit and picked him up with his mouth, then swam off and spit out the hermit way on the other side of the tank.

i have not yet had issues with my pistol doing any demo on my corals. but i have only had them for a week and a half. i dig them haging out and enjoy when i see them so far.

I have a larger tiger pistol and YWG (2.5-3") and they have control of pretty much the entire sand bed. I have a few acan frags down there and I have to rearrange or blow sand off them pretty regularly.

Shrimp and goby are awesome, though, so I don't mind.

Archived