SaltCritters.com

Taking the dive into LED

buckeyes2k7

So I have read the Ultimate LED Guide, and the builds posts. I have decided that LED is for me. I have been looking at different sites and doing some pricing. I came across rapidled.com and found a diy kit for $189 that is a 24 led kit. Comes with everything but the heat sink and fans. I then was reading more about the buckpuck dimmable drivers. Being able to adjust the light as I see fit seems like a good fit for me as well. Anybody with LED builds that don't have the dimmable drivers wish they did have them? If I price everything sepereate, I believe I can get everything for about $220-$240. I have a 20g h that is currently running a 4x24 wavepoint t5 fixture. Would the 24 LEDs be enough for a 20? Any input would be appreciated.

24 would be plenty on a 20 gallon tank..

Not getting a dimmable driver is kind of silly for the couple of extra dollars in up front cost to have control over it.. meh just me though

aquastyle sells dimmable kits for almost half the price of Rapid LED..you can customize your kit with colors..There is a few threads on them and everyone seems to like them. The Kessil a150 would work as well.

I wouldnt build a DIY without being able to dim

I have been contemplating getting a DIY fixture but then I think maybe I should just buy a AI sol blue or nano. The nano is completely controllable down to sunrise and sunset plus storms and lunar cycles and its only $379 which is only $150 more than a quality DIY kit. And you save your self a ton of work.

I was looking at that, I am building a custom canopy as well though, and I'm not sure how I would be able to mount that on the inside

Archived