Innovative Marine Aquariums

Some Hawaiian Corals

brandolando4

Hey everyone, this summer I went spear fishing and for the first time in my life cared more about the corals then the fish. I spent a good 70% of the day staring at corals rather then focusing on catching fish. Anywhoo.... I took some pictures, ahem although not the best, of some of the corals I found wile diving. There was a whole bunch more I found but I didn't have my camera with me at the time, I found this sweet colony of bright purple and pink zoas.

Anyway enjoy, like I said these aren't the best pictures plus the water was really murky so there is a green hue to everything. If you can ID any of these corals as well that would be awesome!!

DSCF1017.jpg

DSCF1015.jpg

IDK what this one below is, its the skeleton of something I thinks!

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1013.jpg

DSCF1012.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1009.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

Pretty and yummy fishy!!

DSCF1019.jpg

Thanks,

Brandon

That pretty much looks like our reefs. Where did you go diving? That fish isnt at the top of the list when we go diving, but if you say it's tasty, right on. Good going.

When i was on the big island i didn't see much coral in the pools we were in, but i did see a ton of scooter blennies, it was pretty cool imo.

Yah, it's surprising how little coral there is in Hawaii!! I think it's because it is so rough here in the winter and it's very crowded with tourists who kick and mame the coral!! And I don't think there is any LPS in Hawaii, at least ivenever seen any!!

My family are all Hawaiian!! So they love all small reef fish!! Throw on some Hawaiian salt and fry them up, they are Ono!!

I was diving about a half a mile before Waimea bay.

Archived