Top Shelf Aquatics

A lot of debris floating around after using Steviet's intank media basket

Sashimi

Has anybody notice a lot debris floating around their biocube after installing StevieT's media basket and fuge. It's as if the water doesn't filter through the floss like it should and trap all the debris floating around the tank.

Has anybody notice a lot debris floating around their biocube after installing StevieT's media basket and fuge. It's as if the water doesn't filter through the floss like it should and trap all the debris floating around the tank.

I've noticed this but my tank had this problem before I put in the media basket and fuge rack.

Check your water level in the back...specifically chambers 2&3. If it's too high, water might not be flowing through the media basket, but instead going right over it.

Couple other questions:

Do you have the water director?

Did you stir things up when you installed the baskets and it hasn't had a chance to clear yet? How long has it been?

-Gravy

you must be doing something a little off.

id check the water level like someone else said

I have a media basket in my AC70 and it only gets messy when I shut it down and move it then start it back up. But its like that because I have my heater in the space where the filter floss goes so some water is sneaking past the filter floss and getting put back into the fuge area and then back into the tank. But I dotn mind and it has worked wonderfully for me. I might move the heater into the fuge area in it.

Archived