inTank Media Baskets

Snowflake Clown fish small appetite

Sashimi

I just got two snowflake clown fish and I've had them for 4 days now. I notice they only eat 3-4 brine shrimp and there done. Should I be concerned or not?

I just got two snowflake clown fish and I've had them for 4 days now. I notice they only eat 3-4 brine shrimp and there done. Should I be concerned or not?

How big are they?

Mine is little and the first several days he would just take a few nibbles. After 2 weeks he was probably eating 4-5 brine shrimp at a feeding. He pretty much wouldn't eat anything if I fed mysis. Then I got a wrasse, now with the competition he's a little piggy and will eat either.

That's the only thing I could get them to eat. I've tried mysis shrimp and flakes with no success.

That's the only thing I could get them to eat. I've tried mysis shrimp and flakes with no success.

One is almost twice as big as the other , but they get along great. The smallest is probably about 1/2 inch or smaller

Try frozen cyclopeeze, it's very nutritious for them and mine love it.

I also give my small black ice that are about 1" with the tail some live white worms and they gobble those as well. So they can eat pretty big piece if they want.

Try frozen cyclopeeze, it's very nutritious for them and mine love it.

I also give my small black ice that are about 1" with the tail some live white worms and they gobble those as well. So they can eat pretty big piece if they want.

yeah I think I'll try frozen cyclopeeze

Archived