SaltCritters.com

Anyone using the Hydor Koralia Wavemaker system...?

PSYS

I did a search and didn't find any recent posts on the subject. I was initially going to get an MP10 but after scouring the internet on my lunch break today, I'm putting my foot down. There are so many reviews and posts from varying websites with users complaining inherently about the volume of noise these things put out.

I saw this on Marine Depot's website: linky.

Anyone have any experience with the Hydor Koralia system?

That's the same amount of money for an MP10!

If you were to get any other powerheads, I'd recommend the Hydor AquaClear powerhead line. They've got some really intense flow for a little package. I've got one and love it!

That's the same amount of money for an MP10!

If you were to get any other powerheads, I'd recommend the Hydor AquaClear powerhead line. They've got some really intense flow for a little package. I've got one and love it!

Yeah, it is the same amount... but the reviews on the Hydor Koralia line indicate that don't sound like a Boeing 747 on take off.

I really wanted something that could be used with a programmable wavemaker of some sort. And now that I look at the Hydor Koralia's, they look like enormous black ostrich eggs in a reef tank. #### that. Forget it. I'll have to keep looking. Not sure what route I'm gonna go.

i have two koralia evo 750's running off my apex's wavemaker and there silent when running. they make a pretty noticeable thud when they engage but once there spinning the right raw there silent.i switch mine every 10 min when the lights are on and when the lights are off they don't.

Archived