Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

T5 with LED Supplementation

rhunter513

I have a Current USA Nova Extreme Pro 20" 6-bulb fixture and I am gonna take out one bulb and retro-fit it with an Rapid LED strip - 1.1 X 15" with 10 LEDS.

Just checking to see if anyone out there has tried this?

Thanks

I have a Current USA Nova Extreme Pro 20" 6-bulb fixture and I am gonna take out one bulb and retro-fit it with an Rapid LED strip - 1.1 X 15" with 10 LEDS.

Just checking to see if anyone out there has tried this?

Thanks

no, but i am curious to see your results.

Correct me if i am wrong but that is a 4 light setup? wouldn't you have to remove 2 bulbs because it needs both to fire the ballast? I don't know as I am posting this from my cell phone :) so I can't see a clear pic

mine is a 6 bulb fixture, 2 on one ballast 4 on another. I took one bulb off and the other 5 run fine.

ok good deal - just wanted to make sure, I know some ballasts are funky

Both but now it would be to close to the tank on legs

How much light bleeds out with the LEDs being on the outside edges of the fixture?

• 2 weeks later...
wrx1908 do you get good shimmer from the leds while the t5s are on? i was gonna do same with my 4 bulb tek.

More intense when T5HO are off but still there

More intense when T5HO are off but still there

thanks just looking to add little more blue and pop and a little shimmer would be great.

Shimmer is what I am so far most disappointed in. With all 5 T5 bulbs on, I can barely see the shimmer, with two blues T5 on I can see more and when its just To LED major shimmer. Not what I was hoping for but in the end its about quality light for my corals to thrive and grow.

Archived