SaltCritters.com

Help with rock and sand!

jean9910

Ok so ive gotten allot of questions answered so far for the nano reef I want. now my aquarium is a 26 Gallon how much live rock and live sand and stuff do I need.

my real question would be what are the different types or rocks and sand whats live rock whats live sand? how much does it cost per pound how much do I need what kinds are there I wanted an aquarium to look bright I want the sand to be as white as possible if you know what I mean I want ti bright with allot of colour.

clean up crew would it be possible to have 3 hermit crabs 4 red shrimps (I think its fire shrimp) 1 starfish and 2 snails.

Generally for sand and Live rock your want 1 - 1 1/2 lbs per gallon. I personally think a Bare botton tank has far more benefits. I have two tanks one with sand and one without and the one without sand I've had far less problems then the one with sand. The sand I put in my tank was Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Natural White Aquarium Sand

As far as live rock I would buy 5-10 LBS of cured rock from your local fish store than buy 15-20 LBS of dry rock online from Bulk reef supply. The nice thing about dry rock is you can easily aquascape it the way you want it.

Generally for sand and Live rock your want 1 - 1 1/2 lbs per gallon. I personally think a Bare botton tank has far more benefits. I have two tanks one with sand and one without and the one without sand I've had far less problems then the one with sand. The sand I put in my tank was Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Natural White Aquarium Sand

As far as live rock I would buy 5-10 LBS of cured rock from your local fish store than buy 15-20 LBS of dry rock online from Bulk reef supply. The nice thing about dry rock is you can easily aquascape it the way you want it.

thank you for answering

whats the difference between live rock and rued rock and does dry rock help filter like live rock does? also can I grow coral on dry rock and were can I by dry rock online that ships to Canada??

Live aquarium rock comes in two basic forms, wet and dry. Wet rock comes with bacteria populated on its surface and dry rock will take a few extra weeks to build up the bacteria population. We prefer to use dry rock in our own systems because it is less expensive, easier to work with and doesn’t come with all the pests that plague so many reefers aquariums.

Bulk reef supply ships to Canada

Archived