Coral Vue Hydros

n00b question...

Thornchase

so i have done hours upon hours of research about everything nanoreef... just one simple question that i cant seem to find, i am aware that the lights have to be on an 8-12 hours day/night time period, but does that mean everything including powerhead and filter and heater go off at set time as well or just the certain lights? :P

No question is ever a dumb question. Ask away it is better to ask then to kill everything guessing.

+1

The only way it becomes dumb is if you ignore the advice everyone gives you and do something stupid anyways.

Thanks a lot! I gotta learn these small details to i guess lol

One thing i just started doing however, is having 2 powerheads on opposite sides, in addition to my HOB filter. I have them on alternating light timers to switch up the current a few times a day, and my corals are responding REALLY well. Definitely not needed, but something to think about.

One thing i just started doing however, is having 2 powerheads on opposite sides, in addition to my HOB filter. I have them on alternating light timers to switch up the current a few times a day, and my corals are responding REALLY well. Definitely not needed, but something to think about.

i have seen this in a video before! very cool how it replicates the tide!

The way I picture it is that we are creating a piece of the ocean in a tank. Trying to keep it as real to life as possible. So if you think about how the waves work in the ocean, they are always moving. There is always tides and currents. Some say well the ocean calms at night so they may turn the speed down at night if your pump has that option, but i always keep my MP10 on ReefCrest mode 24/7.

ADD: Also a lot of corals mainly feed at night. all the more reason to leave pumps at full speed.

Archived