Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BC 29 Return Pump

1cequ33n

I have a BC 29 that I have recently started up, done most of the standard mods, and added a chiller. I've upgraded the return pump to a Maxi-Jet 1200, but it was ungodly loud, as I've heard so many of them are. So I switched it out with a Maxi-Jet 1100 utility pump I had. The 1100 is at the bottom end of the recommended flow for the chiller, and is not cutting it.

What are my options for a higher rate return pump that will fit in the BioCube? I'm not sure a MJ1800 would fit in the return chamber. Help a NOOB out!

Well you must of got a bad 1200 because the one I have had were not load.

The 1200 was bad, I've heard a lot of people have been getting bad ones recently. Even if I get it replaced though it's not going to have enough flow.

I have a 1/10 JBJ on the tank, because the used 1/15 I bought doesn't work. :angry:

By a new older style mj 1200 pump from ebay and a the upgraded prop kit for more flow. The MJ 1800 will not fit. Or buy a larger external pump.

By a new older style mj 1200 pump from ebay and a the upgraded prop kit for more flow. The MJ 1800 will not fit. Or buy a larger external pump.

Got any links for the prop kit? The only ones I can find work when you have the pump setup as a powerhead.

What about the Rio 6HF? 350 gallons per hour and less watts.

Heard a few bad things about the Rio, can anyone speak for or against it?

You get your reports of vibrating on the RIO and then you get ones that work just fine.

MJ1200 seems to be much more consistent.

I still cannot believe in the days where we have poweheads that kick serious butt and led lighting, not to mention the skimmers, there isn't a very viable pump that is nearly completly silent of different sizes that is low watt. I guess I would lean towards ehimn but really dislike the power draw.

Archived