Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TinyGiant's 33L Frag System

TinyGiant

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the stand its on is an 18x60" i should have just custom built something.. but i got the tank for free .. so thats the size i went with :P

Sounds like you need a new tank. 18x60x12? sounds good to me.

devilsadvocate

do you buy colonies and frag them or what?

im getting into propagation, and i wanted to know how you go about getting the corals.

Builder Anthony

must be nice to have one open square.i used to hate plugs but now i see many benefits when tryen to grow stuff.nice selection there u have

Devilsadvocate these frags aree all from colinies in my 55

Lawnman- im game. Frag garmers market is next month. Im bringing all these there.

I gotta get more racking I have another bag of 100 plugs waiting to be used

Addeda BUTTLOAD of frags to the system today. by tomorow i will have over180 frags all mounted and labeled in the 33L waiting for the frag farmers market in CT

fragsffm5.jpg

fragsffm3.jpg

fragsffm2.jpg

fragsffm1.jpg

I'm stoked I was just chipping off the sunset monti from the large rock it was on and got an awesome surprise. Underneath the colony imbedded in the rock was a not one.. but TWO tiny pistol shrimp!!

they were about 1/2" long. the 2nd one that came out of the pencil thick hole in the center was almost clear. The other was a nice iridescent green

I put them in the 33L since there is nothing in there that could harm them.. just red leg hermits and a clown. I dropped them into the chaeto ball. I grabbed the ball to try to see if the made their way to the bottom of it and they started clicking already :)

i love good hitch hikers!

idk if i will be able to find them to take a picture.. we'll see. they were only about the size of piece of rice end to end.

added three new corals to the tank to be fragged up soon.

sunset monti

IMG_20120228_160526.jpg

zoa rock

IMG_20120228_160509.jpg

also got a frag of purple death zoa for $15 had some bryopsis on it that i eradicated.. soon i'll frag them all off the plug and ditch the plug.

here is one of the 2 hitch hiker pistols.. they are chilling in the chaeto still.. not impressed with me trying t get a picture.. they were snapping like crazy

pistol.jpg

they went fast. the mother colony melted :( but thats why i always frag a few polyps right away on any zoa colony and get them in both systems. :)

i have one doing very well in the display and a couple on the sand bed in the 33L When they start spreading i'll certainly be selling :P

do you have any problems with the narrowness of this tank?

nope .. it serves its purpose. I could see myself upgrading the frag system though this summer and making this into another display/ grow out tank

i increased the size of the frag rack today. was completely out of room. currently rocking 225 frags in the 33L and have another 40 or so empty plugs to go. will looking forward to being done with them lol

bigger frag rack as of yesterday! 225 frags total in the system. 40 more to do over the next couple days

muhahahah!

newracks1.jpg

newracks2.jpg

newracks3.jpg

Archived