NEW FTS SHOT!

IMG_4220.jpg

Neon Green Zoas,

IMG_4232.jpg

Three new pieces!

IMG_4227.jpg

Awesome.

IMG_4226.jpg

Wish this looked better under my lighting...

IMG_4225.jpg

My new Stoma, :wub:

IMG_4222.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha yeah, I cut the top of a corona bottle off with a tile cutter. I am going to buy a nice macro to give it some contrast.

I remember this conversation I had once with a science teacher who would go diving and collect stuff for his classroom tanks. He was saying that even though there's this whole stigma againt trash in the ocean and how bad it is for reefs, he finds certain materials often house or host a variety of organisms.

Glass, crates, barrels etc. Plastic definately not on that list though.

Love the zoa's under those light.

:happy:

Thanks for the comments, slowly but surely I am starting to fill my tank. I am looking to stock with a Orange Lined Cardinal, find some pom tree coral, any type of encrusting monti but I prefer rainbow monti, 3-4 frags of expensive zoas, 1 maxi mini anemone, blue ochtodes to put around my bottle and I am set.

Some like my bottle others don't, but I am trying to do something different.

Hey awesome looking tank. I am thinking about doing a similar sized tank and I have never used LED for a tank. I was wondering how Night/Day cycles work with those PAR30's?

Hey awesome looking tank. I am thinking about doing a similar sized tank and I have never used LED for a tank. I was wondering how Night/Day cycles work with those PAR30's?

Thanks bud, I am running my light's from 7:30AM - 6:00PM on Tues/Thurs and on M/W/F/S/Su I let them run from 10AM - 8PM. I have to manually flip my switch for them so the tank gets about 10-11 hours of day light each day. At night I have an issue with my snails crawling out of my tank when I feed my clown before bed so I lay a piece of egg crate on top for a lid. Lid comes off then cycle all over again ;)

If you were wondering about buying the bulbs I recommend them. I would go with what I have personally but I also wanted to try the bulbs with the 1BLUE LED.

I like the bottle idea. I'm anxious to see if it causes problems by collecting waste or if critters clean it out.

Lookin good!

My snails sometimes drop in and pop out from underneath the bottle but I am going to get some Blue Octhodes to help with the wastes collected. I do lift the bottle during cleanings as well. Stay posted ;)

Still no luck with the fish, but I am away in Sacramento this weekend and am seeing Nor_Cal today to pick up sone Green Monti and maybe Pokerstar Monti too. I would like to find Ponape Birds Nest, and a Rainbow Monti, I might swap one of the Millis in my tank because it doesn't look as nice under my lights.

I am looking for Palm Tree Cloves, a large Paly, and Speckled Green Zoas.

Will take pics tonight and post tomorrow,

Holding off on the pics until I head to the LFS and find more stuffs, I am trying to see if I can find some nice zoas. I'll be stoping by Diablocorals in Hayward either this weekend or sometime during next week.

I really want:

-Paly's Grandis

-Captain America Paly's

-Green Sparkle (speckled) Zoas

-Dersa Clam

I'm also on the rocks about a Maxi-mini because I want something that Rum will host but I've heard it's rather unoridnary for clowns to pay attention to them.

But my SPS has started to grow to the base of my rock.

Thanks :) ! I am going to pick up a maxi clam, its official. But I am sad one of my frags wasn't doing so hot and I have no idea why but it was creating alot of algae as it was dying ao I just removed it.

It didn't look that healthy when I bought it, its base looked a little funny so I think that was the issue to begin with but i'll replace it. Other than that I am getting nice polyp extension with my sps.

Great actually, I have ALOT of monti so when I head down to the LFS i'll be giving some away. I need to make some room for zoas,

Thanks! I kind of wanted to try something different. It'll look nice once things grow out. I still haven't had a chance to go to the LFS so i'll update when I get new stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

My Space Monster, I wish my lights gave it more pop though... -_-

IMG_4266.jpg

I have two new frags of Neon Cloves.

IMG_4273.jpg

New FTS:

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

Archived