inTank Media Baskets

SoFit 3G pico orphek led

SoFit

Went into my room and found all my sexies on top of the rock.. They are still really shy of me..

e46b267d.jpg

Fed all my sexies and they all ate the seaweed extreme pellets

22f3c66b.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey great tank! I just have a quick question about you ATO. I'm using a petco bottle too and have a hose running from the end of the nozzle into the water. I find that it very abruptly fills the water though due to the surface tension of it. Does yours do this too or does it gradually fill? Could you post a link if you found your design online?

Hey great tank! I just have a quick question about you ATO. I'm using a petco bottle too and have a hose running from the end of the nozzle into the water. I find that it very abruptly fills the water though due to the surface tension of it. Does yours do this too or does it gradually fill? Could you post a link if you found your design online?

Is ur bottle suspended above the tank? I could help you of you show pictures.. My nozzle tip tops off whenever the water goes half way of the nozzle tip

Is ur bottle suspended above the tank? I could help you of you show pictures.. My nozzle tip tops off whenever the water goes half way of the nozzle tip

Alright that's what mine was doing! So its normal I just wasn't sure. You can see mine by clicking on my signature. My tank just finished cycling so there isn't much to look at. But I had it hanging on the wall and had a hose running into the water. After seeing your's I just took the hose off and put the nozzle directly into the water.

Alright that's what mine was doing! So its normal I just wasn't sure. You can see mine by clicking on my signature. My tank just finished cycling so there isn't much to look at. But I had it hanging on the wall and had a hose running into the water. After seeing your's I just took the hose off and put the nozzle directly into the water.

your design is actually pretty good.. what size tubing did you use?

your design is actually pretty good.. what size tubing did you use?

I used 1/4 tubing I think? I bought a siphon for doing water changes and just cut a little bit off the end. I'll post some pictures of what I did yesterday but basically I now have the metal end in the water. The reason I didn't like the tubing was because it was perpendicular to the water so the level would have to sink a lot before it filled up were as when it is on an angle it fills much sooner.

I'm adding more livestock one my Zoas open. I put them in a little too soon and they had a rough time during the cycle. They should be on their way to recovery now! (I hope)

I used 1/4 tubing I think? I bought a siphon for doing water changes and just cut a little bit off the end. I'll post some pictures of what I did yesterday but basically I now have the metal end in the water. The reason I didn't like the tubing was because it was perpendicular to the water so the level would have to sink a lot before it filled up were as when it is on an angle it fills much sooner.

I'm adding more livestock one my Zoas open. I put them in a little too soon and they had a rough time during the cycle. They should be on their way to recovery now! (I hope)

Take your time.. Don't rush it or else a meltdown could happen.. I looked at ur tank and it looks good..

Tested my parameter

Ph 8.2

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

Salinity 1.025

Temp 78

Fed my sexy shrimp and dosed 2 drops of oyster feast for all my zoas

Im so happy!..

captain america paly is growing 4 new palys

darth maul grew another one

vivid rainbow has a new paly branching out

sunny d has 1 new one as well..

WOW ..

Sexies assemble!!

I need to update but I got my two sexy shrimp yesterday and they are so funny to watch I definitely need to get a couple more. what do you think is too many?

I need to update but I got my two sexy shrimp yesterday and they are so funny to watch I definitely need to get a couple more. what do you think is too many?

Keep it odd numbers but i think 7 would prolly be max without fix.. And 5 with 1 small goby..

I got 3 and they love being around half of the tank so yeah

Awesome pico! really like the sexies and your new monti cap

Thanks been feeding the monti with ouster feast so i hope all is well...

Just saw before that you posted about that hitchhiker starfish. I've heard both good and bad if you have a big tank (which you don't) they can quickly get into large colonies but they are easy to maintain if you have a small one and can scoop them out if you had too. I like them because they come in all sorts of leg combinations.

When did you start this tank and what are the rest of the stocking plans?

Gonna add more zoas and zoas..

Started the tank 12/29

Just saw before that you posted about that hitchhiker starfish. I've heard both good and bad if you have a big tank (which you don't) they can quickly get into large colonies but they are easy to maintain if you have a small one and can scoop them out if you had too. I like them because they come in all sorts of leg combinations.

Thanks I'll make sure to watch out for it. I only see once in a while

Archived