Coral Vue Hydros

SoFit 3G pico orphek led

SoFit

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think you need to get a skimmer. in a tank this small, cheato or some purigen will be fine. along with a good water change on the weekend. just trying to save you some $$$

anybody else think the same thing? also the aquatic life might be a little much for a tank so small.

i don't think you need to get a skimmer. in a tank this small, cheato or some purigen will be fine. along with a good water change on the weekend. just trying to save you some $$$

anybody else think the same thing? also the aquatic life might be a little much for a tank so small.

I sort of think so as well but I think a skimmer wouldn't hurt my tank as well . Plus for 20$ why not? Lol

Too bad they're near your zoa's, I just torched one with a propane torch today, but that is in a tank i recently set up that only has a CUC in it, no coral...I've heard good things about sealing them up with gel superglue, or smearing some kalk paste on them, though I cannot speak from experience for either of these methods.

Too bad they're near your zoa's, I just torched one with a propane torch today, but that is in a tank i recently set up that only has a CUC in it, no coral...I've heard good things about sealing them up with gel superglue, or smearing some kalk paste on them, though I cannot speak from experience for either of these methods.

Super glue gel... Interesting... Lol

Super glue gel... Interesting... Lol

Yep, apparently if they've found a nice little hole to retract into when scared, you can potentially seal them up with superglue...

But I have to say, I found it pretty satisfying to blast it with a blowtorch and watch it bubble into nothingness...and this is coming from someone who feels guilt for swatting a fly or accidentally stepping on a snail!

It came one day earlier than expected so it took 2 days to get here from Florida if it was dropped off on Monday

Pictures!!!

The box looks like it been kicked haha

b3298dc6.jpg

Heat pack

bacd1889.jpg

Live stock I got so much more than I ordered.. Over 70 more snails

30951ea9.jpg

After 15 min heat acclimation I dropped them in one corner to see what's dead

3be0780f.jpg

My Nerites already in the sand

198c7bf5.jpg

Chaeto!!!

247e75a4.jpg

Suicidal!!! Lol

ca46075e.jpg

Overall:

My experience with reefcleaner is great.. Fast customer service response. Great livestock. And I will reccomend them to anyone looking for a cuc

Thanks John you dId not disappoint

All snails are alive except 1 cerith but ima give it a day or two to really pronounce it dead

Yep, apparently if they've found a nice little hole to retract into when scared, you can potentially seal them up with superglue...

But I have to say, I found it pretty satisfying to blast it with a blowtorch and watch it bubble into nothingness...and this is coming from someone who feels guilt for swatting a fly or accidentally stepping on a snail!

I had two aiptasia as well, One about 2" long and the other half of that. On the suggestion of another poster I put super glue gel and closed them in and have not seen them since.

i would recomend it.

Just make sure it is the "Gel". stick the tip in the hole and fill er up.

I had two aiptasia as well, One about 2" long and the other half of that. On the suggestion of another poster I put super glue gel and closed them in and have not seen them since.

i would recomend it.

Just make sure it is the "Gel". stick the tip in the hole and fill er up.

Thanks will try tomorrow I didn't see them today :?!!!

What do you Guys think of sexy shrimps and are they troublesome? And how many should I get? 1 or 3?

Oh yeah, if you use superglue gel, make sure it's cyanoacrylate based, and you're good to go!

Nice sexies, cant wait to see them in the tank!

Oh yeah, if you use superglue gel, make sure it's cyanoacrylate based, and you're good to go!

Nice sexies, cant wait to see them in the tank!

No worries I use super glue gel all the time. Don't u see the tube of super glue gel up top? Lol it's white and red

Woke up and Found all 3 of my sexy shrimp sitting on my gsp purple mat while sleeping?

2a5fd212.jpg

Glad to see they are happy grouped together

... Leaving to Vegas today til Sunday so I will be having my sister feed them once a day while I'm gone. My ATO water bottle last for about 3-4 days so I will be fine.

Fed my sexies some hikari seaweed extreme pellets and they ate it right up. I dropped 5-6 pellets in my tank and so far so good. The sexies seem very healthy eating the night after introducing them into my tank.

9e614e59.jpg

They love standing on the rock where my gsp lives at.. Aka gsp island

f7ea8015.jpg

Johns clean up crew doing there job

Before:

4ff4b52c.jpg

After:

29fc07e1.jpg

Looking sweeet! Nice clean tank, beautiful sexies and zoas...Very nice indeed...Where in SoCal are you located? Near Santa Monica here.

Looking sweeet! Nice clean tank, beautiful sexies and zoas...Very nice indeed...Where in SoCal are you located? Near Santa Monica here.

Southbay. Torrance

Girlfriend took this picture while I am gone to Vegas

5d2357ee.jpg

40be3f06.jpg

Found out that the zoa on the right is called lemon lime by vivid :) just emailed them about it since I purchased it from them haha

Archived