inTank Media Baskets

ESPI 37 gallon 4/1/04

Armadildo

I dont really think anyone is fighting supernip...people are allowed to express their opinions and have a disagreement without a fight...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and heres a little more to top it all off. a LOT of those people with the huge reefs that cost them the big money dont even know or want to know anything about them they want something pretty to look at in their home, and they pay me over $1000 a month to come out twice a week to clean and care for the tank. they know NOTHING about reefkeeping, NOTHING about the animals, and generally NOTHING but the cost of the endeavor, if anyone thinks that is admirable, you are sadly mistaken.

:sigh:

the above statement is very VERY (saddly) TRUE.

But if it wasn't for them... I wouldn't have a value or a job after I set the tank up initialy ;)

So what EXACTLY is the sticking point that makes my tank look " dirty " ???

I know people who wuld KILL to be able to manage a reef tank, AND an algae field AND a decent fish load AND corals AND inverts AND have it last (and be stable) for more than a year (or in poor Crakuers circumstance 3 weeks).

Is it the fact that there is reef rubble in the bottom of the tank ?

That there is " bubble alge" in a few places ?

That the Caulerpa is growing in the top 1/4 of the tank only ? ( like it should)

That the Coraline algae is in check and not over "PINKING" the tank ?

That the water test absolutely perfect ?

That the tank is devoid of huge specimins of SPS, LPS, SOFTIES, BRAINS, or other corals that are massive in colonial size and dominate the tank to the point that there is no visable reef structure or rock work ?

Got news for ya....... Nature doesn't work like that.

This is a BIOTOPE tank.

Pure and simple. Nature runs it's course, on occasion I have to lend a helping hand being a "gardner".

If you have to have your hand in your tank more than 3 times a week, you are fussing too much, OR do not have things ballanced out to be in harmony with what is also complimenting your bioload.

I'm going to take some very high res pictures later tonight with a friends camera... I just have to find a gig worth of free img hosting space LOL.

I adjusted some "Chit on my own camera... aparently I have a "hidden talent" afterall :D

1good.JPG

1Center.JPG

1lowleft.JPG

1All.JPG

Looselyhuman

Freakin' Beautiful. I have to admit: a lot of those polyps, etc, looked like "gunk" on your live rocks (in the original pics). The detail here really helps w/the appreciation.

Ian

great tank dave, very nice biotope!! what happened to the derbesia osterhoutii? i kinda liked it. and as said before, BEAUTIFUL VALONIA!!!

You see, people will learn......

There is no fool. like a old fool......

Now ESPI, go clean your fingernails......

l33t

harbingerofthefish

sup!?

Thanks for the clear pictures ,after over a year here looking at the blurred pics I thought is was just a smoke cloud blurring the shots ;)

I can totaly agre on the thing you said about people dumping tons of cash into a tank that have no idea whats going on in there. I have one of those guys ion my local group. He kills off almost everything in his tank by stupid mistakes we all told him not to do, and then breaks it down and sets up a 120(!) goob!

My tank is going on years now. Not the pretiest thing in the world, and after a little mis handleing a few things went by the way side (long story). But, with your comment of putting your hands in the tank, I totally agree. I have some feather calurpra (drunk sp) growing on one rock that I get in there and pull out once a month when it starts casting to many shadows. Other than that, hands off. Evreything seems healty and hapy, so why screw with it. A wc a week and feed the fish and alls good.

i guess thats all

-out

Well, she will be 15 next month you sick perveted F*&%...

Can I get a Witness.... and Jury...

You've got... Pedophillia!

: ;) :-O :andanyotherdumba$$smiliesyoumayenjoy:

Birdie... I never said I wanted any part of her, nor that I was interested..... Just relaying some info / rhumors that I found about her on the web (google)

:D

THIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE AIMED FOR.

Biotopes.

http://www.paticat.com/underwater/

Nice to see another proponent of biotopes out there. I've said it since I got in the hobby and I'll say it some more: people could save themselves loads of problems with their tanks if they would learn to think MUCH smaller and quit trying to cram the best of all reef worlds into their tanks.

Archived