Pod Your Reef

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

From what I know about soldering (which isn't much), I believe the little squares are what you're supposed to solder. Those actually are the connections. There should be two positives and two negatives on each one, so just solder to one of the positive ones and one of the negative ones.

Yes felicia is right! The LED themselves are soldered in with their posts - if you heat up those legs and solder direct onto them, you could risk heating it up too much and breaking the solder from that LED mount peg - and thus causing a loose led, possibly fall out/off of the puck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my 24 led dimmable kit today! But i think they send me the wrong led driver.. the driver only have 4 wire (black,red, 2 white) Is somebody else got this driver? I have the potentiometer but i dont thing it can be wired to this driver! I asked Ray, waiting for an answer!

I received my 24 led dimmable kit today! But i think they send me the wrong led driver.. the driver only have 4 wire (black,red, 2 white) Is somebody else got this driver? I have the potentiometer but i dont thing it can be wired to this driver! I asked Ray, waiting for an answer!

Black is positive, red is negative. Those two white wires are for the pots!

Thanks Trog,

I saw that in your build thread but I was just a little confused.

Just got back from the store and I am about to start the project!

This is the driver, Model # MW-S0361203B

img0537jm.jpg

that is the wrong driver you are correct.. I would still wire everything up make sure it is ok - let Ray know he shipped the wrong driver,...

finished.png

See the difference i know its all electrical taped up

this is what I'm thinking of doing over my 72

3e3d2621.jpg

Whatcha think?

i would try to rotate some blues in off of the center, you have a lot of white on the middle blue on the outside...

Thanks for the input Trog. Maybe switch the whites in the clusters of three with one of the blues on the outside to more evenly mix the color? I also have egg crate over my tank which helped mix light in my old tank. Thanks again.

revised plan (lower drawing)

1ea1973c.jpg

Thanks for the input Trog. Maybe switch the whites in the clusters of three with one of the blues on the outside to more evenly mix the color? I also have egg crate over my tank which helped mix light in my old tank. Thanks again.

Yea thats what i would do.. take a look at mine, you dont see any 'blue' or white spots.. :) but you can see how mine are just criss crossed in there

Yes felicia is right! The LED themselves are soldered in with their posts - if you heat up those legs and solder direct onto them, you could risk heating it up too much and breaking the solder from that LED mount peg - and thus causing a loose led, possibly fall out/off of the puck

Black is positive, red is negative. Those two white wires are for the pots!

isnt black neg and red pos?

Thats what it says on my driver...

About to install the driver and I dont want to #### up...

isnt black neg and red pos?

Thats what it says on my driver...

About to install the driver and I dont want to #### up...

Yeah, I thought it was an industry standard that BLACK is always NEGATIVE & RED is always POSITIVE. Scares me that this type of advice is passed on, let alone advice on LEDs.

Good news DIYers!

Just finished my 10 led retrofit on my 10 gallon cube!

Went without optics for now because it was spotlighting with my set up.

The colors of my frags are really popping and the shimmer is incredible!

Pics to come.

Are you doing 50/50?

I don't have much in the tank right now but my mushroom frag and toadstool frag are really popping under the 50/50

Also the shimmer is very impressive, but I have my powerhead pointed right under the lights causing a lot of surface agitation.

Mine is running at like 60% blue, 40% white right now but I'll have to adjust it once I put coral in there and see how everything looks.

Hi all, i just had a reply from Ray for my wrong driver. He already ship me two other driver! Really nice guy.

And for information, my 24 led kit will be at 5" from water, do i need to put the optic? Thank is a 20gallon, 24,12,16 ( 16" deep)

And is somebody have a color template for 24 led?

Thank you

I have the 24 led kit over my ten gallon it's only a couple inches over the water. I had to remove the optics because it looked like a bunch of spot lights with them on

Archived