Cultivated Reef

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

RobinsonFam1

keeping the leds as cool as possible will prolong thier life. heat is their enemy for sure.

im not any sort of an led guru by any stretch of the term. just been learning non-stop over past couple weeks. def need a fan on the heat sink though. if drivers are getting hot then cool them too. if they are too hot to touch then they are too hot. id send them an email and get their take on it. they have been real responsive for me.

i just completed my 34 led controller kit from aquastyle. its freaking sweet. the new controller is fully adjustable where the previous model was either 0% or 100%. now its anywhere you want it!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw recently a lot of moving to the NW than CW
With a combination of 2RB 1NW
Does anyone who works in this way can upload a picture of the tank with all leds at 100%?
and Another question, do leds sell on eBay will look the same?
Thanks

• 2 months later...
HomeGrownReeferMan

Hi guys. I've built an aquastyle light once before for the same tank actually. The tank is a topless 6 gallon edge. I was planning in buying one of their new AE-30 12" heatsinks along with the mounting bracket for it. Has anyone used these yet ? I like the heat sink kit a lot. I'm just curious how the mount attaches ti the heat sink. Pictures would be awesome. Thanks.

I'm wanting to do a retro fit in the hood of my hqi nanocube 28. I need help choosing how many LEDs 24-36 I would need? Also which LEDs to provide a full spectrum as I have a mix reef? Also should I put them in rows or cluster them for the best results? Any other input is also appreciated. I also saw the Cree kit that comes with the controller. It comes in 28 or 35 LEDs. That's an option for me also.

• 4 months later...

I spent over 2 hours last night reading this message thread, and the last few days trying to research as much as I could on AquaStyle Online. Last night I pulled the plug and just went for it! Put my order in for 36 LEDs DIY Dimmable Kit + 2 Epileds LED 3W Red. Ordered 18 - 4500k / 18 - Blue. I wanted some switched up a bit so I E-mail them, and of course Ray responded in about 4 hours! I guess my timing was pretty darn good! Looks like I am getting:

18 - Royal Blue LED
10 - 4500k White LED
4 - 6500k white LED
4 - 10000k white LED
2 - Red LED

I am new to LED, so I'm going to try it out and try mixing the 4500 with the 6500 and 10000, see how it turns out. In the meantime, I'll just sit back and wait! Hope it gets here soon! I'll let you all know once I receive the light and begin the build!

I have been wanting to do a LED conversion on my 30G 20x20x20 cube for the last 6 months, Last week I come across this thread and have been reading and researching about LEDs since then.

Below is a pic of my current hood. It currently has two 22w PC tubes and 4 x Blue LED as moonlights.

(which I have removed)

AqHood_zps2f64a91e.jpg

The area that the current lighting takes up is 12inch x 12inch. So thinking I can use a 12x7 heatsink.

A few important notes about the tank and system.

Water lever to lights distance is about 3.5 inch.

Tank is a mixed reef. Fish (gobies, clown, wrasse, shrimp) Coral zoa's and softies. would like to add a hammer coral in the future.

Need to run moonlights as well. (keeps the kids happy at night)

I have been looking at three kits. main two are Aquastyle LED Controller Kits.

Has anyone used the controller kits from Ray yet? (I've read a lot about dimmable kits only)

I want to go the Controller kit as I should be able to house all the hardware in my hood.

As I'm in Syd Aus, I really only want to buy from one supplier.

1# 28 Cree LED Controller Kit.

I like the option of running cree leds. seems most ppl like them.

2# 36 Bridgelux LED Controller Kit.

No sure if 36 leds will be too much.

3# Is a custom selection from LEDGroupBuy. (About $320.00 with freight)

1 x Dim4 - 4 Port LED

1 x Coralux 5up LDD Driver

3 x Meanwll LLD 500H Driver

12 x Cree XT-E Royal Blue (3 will be used as moonlights)

6 x Cree XT-E NW 4500k

2 x Exotic Cool Blue - 475nm

2 x Exotic Deep Red - 660nm

2 x Exotic Turquoise - 495nm

4 x Exotic Violet - 2 x Hyper Violet - 405nm... 2 x True Violet - 430nm

Power supply

3 x DIM4 Socket & Relay to have 'total darkness'

What do you guys think will be the best for my cube... Thanks for the feedback.

I put my order in 3 days ago, which was Friday night at about 2am! I received my complete package from AQUASTYLEONLINE today! I can't believe I received the order so quickly! I tested all the lights and everything works! If I had ordered from the USA and shipped to Canada, it would have taken minimum 5 days! This order was processed and shipped in less than 3 days and came from Hong Kong!

Archived