SaltCritters.com

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

jedimasterben
hahaha, ok just making sure. got my string of whites wired up yesterday and the 4500k bulbs look pretty good. didn't see em over the tank but so far so good.

thanks for the help ben and everyone else :wizard:

No worries, bro! Take gajillions of pics!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll try to remember to do that. looking at the pics in this thread and people's build threads really helped me out a lot.

^^^ looks great! i can see why you guys are obsessed with adding different color spectra

does anyone else's maxwellen drivers make a high pitched squealing noise? it's only audible when i'm a few inches away from the driver so it's not really a big deal, i'm just worried it might be indicative of a problem with the driver

WoodRiverTroutBum
hope you enjoy the lights I went from T5HO to T5HO/LEDs to all aquastyle LEDs and im happy

After considering the price with the mean well drivers as well as the high shipping cost I decided to spend a little more and go with Cree LEDs powered by the mean wells and controlled with the BoostLED Typhon controller. Funny, I went from wanting the AI SOL Blue to not wanting to spend that much and wanting the cheaper DIY kit. Now, I am spending as much as the AI would cost to build my own. I think it will be well worth it in the end though.

jedimasterben
After considering the price with the mean well drivers as well as the high shipping cost I decided to spend a little more and go with Cree LEDs powered by the mean wells and controlled with the BoostLED Typhon controller. Funny, I went from wanting the AI SOL Blue to not wanting to spend that much and wanting the cheaper DIY kit. Now, I am spending as much as the AI would cost to build my own. I think it will be well worth it in the end though.

As long as you go with Neutral whites and more colors, you will have a significantly better light. :)

More video of my old setup with T5HO and aquastyle dimming LEDs please thumbs up if you like thanks guys

i've got 15 on my 5.5

turning them up all the way would surely kill everything in my tank tho, possibly even the fish

does anyone else's maxwellen drivers make a high pitched squealing noise? it's only audible when i'm a few inches away from the driver so it's not really a big deal, i'm just worried it might be indicative of a problem with the driver

anyone experienced this?

basicfisherman

Looking to order some LEDs for a 40 breeder. Anyone have any suggestions on colors and how many to get?

subsailor07

This is my build which i completed about a week ago. The lights work amazing and the drivers produce almost no heat. I recommend this light set for anyone.

post-74287-1337660546_thumb.png

Looking to order some LEDs for a 40 breeder. Anyone have any suggestions on colors and how many to get?

My tank is a 40B and im running like 52 LEDs and keeping a mix reef

CW/NW/RB/UV/DR/ and cyan

basicfisherman

CW/NW/RB/UV/DR/ and cyan

Thanks for the reply. I thought you had a 40 breeder.

basicfisherman
This is my build which i completed about a week ago. The lights work amazing and the drivers produce almost no heat. I recommend this light set for anyone.

Nice job on the build!

Just got my kit on Tuesday...here are some build shots:

Heatsink drilled

IMG_0292.jpg

Arctic Silver 5 Applied

IMG_0293.jpg

All mounted

IMG_0295.jpg

Pre Soldered

IMG_0296.jpg

Seamonkey84

CW/NW/RB/UV/DR/ and cyan

I want to duplicate your colors over my 46 bow. With 48 LEDs, would 7cw, 7nw, 22rb, 4dr, 4uv, and 4 cyan be close to what you have? It's a 36" tank as well but deeper and I'm mounting it inside a double florescent light hood that I'm retrofitting, it's 36x5 inch so I'm going to use two of their 4.7x 15.8 heatsink. I figure 60 degree optics on the base colors and 80 deg optics for the coloring emitters to help spread.

I want to duplicate your colors over my 46 bow. With 48 LEDs, would 7cw, 7nw, 22rb, 4dr, 4uv, and 4 cyan be close to what you have? It's a 36" tank as well but deeper and I'm mounting it inside a double florescent light hood that I'm retrofitting, it's 36x5 inch so I'm going to use two of their 4.7x 15.8 heatsink. I figure 60 degree optics on the base colors and 80 deg optics for the coloring emitters to help spread.

Sounds good to me but I would skip CW for WW and NW I plan on removing my CW

jedimasterben
Why are you taking the CM out?

Cool white LEDs are not good for what we use them for - they wash out colors easily, as they do not have much in the red and green spectrum. Even though we are now adding these back in via cyan and deep red, it is not enough spectrum being added back. Neutral white has a lot of what is necessary, and it is a much, much better LED to use.

Hey guys I was looking into getting the 36 led kit myself for my me bc29.. Just wondering n recommendations for led color/choices....I will b wanting to have a little bit of everything in the tank just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I shuld run...I was thinking of using

10x white 4500 or 4200.......?

16x royals

2x red

4x cyan

4x violet

Now does this look like a good combination and will I be able to house all kinds of corals with this mixture......?

Thanks

Looking to replace the Maxwellan dimmable drivers that I have on my setup. I have 2 strings of 18 each. What Meanwell drivers should I get and what dimmer setup should I use on them?

I'm getting a lot of flicker from the Maxwellans and they really don't dim as well as the Meanwells that are on my BC14.

basicfisherman
Hey guys I was looking into getting the 36 led kit myself for my me bc29.. Just wondering n recommendations for led color/choices....I will b wanting to have a little bit of everything in the tank just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I shuld run...I was thinking of using

10x white 4500 or 4200.......?

16x royals

2x red

4x cyan

4x violet

Now does this look like a good combination and will I be able to house all kinds of corals with this mixture......?

Thanks

I wish I knew the answer to this question as I am in the market to make a new fixture for a 40 breeder that I will be putting up some time sooner then later. I hope someone will chime in on the color combos because I would like to know also.

Archived