AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

icecool217
You would need the following drivers:

white - 7-12 maxwellen

royal - 12-20 maxwellen

violet - 7-12 maxwellen

red/cyan/blue - 7-12 maxwellen

You should be able to get Ray to substitute the Meanwell drivers the 48x kit comes with for the four Maxwellen drivers since they are the same cost, roughly.

So that 48 kit is $175, the 4.1"x15.8" heatsink is $19, plus shipping (probably $45), the cool blue from LEDGroupbuy are $14 shipped. Then any extra wire (shouldn't need any), solder, soldering iron, some sort of mount, etc.

If you are going to put 48 led onto that size heatsink, you should put fans on it as it will be hot, not to mention there could be issues with putting on optics if you don't space them out properly. Soldering will be a pain as well :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know if this has been asked before but can more than one driver be wire to the same plug? Like say my rb driver be wired to its own plug so it can be on a timer fr an hour overlap and my other 3 drivers be wired to the same plug and be on a seperate timer?

also jedi ben theres no driver that can handle the 24 rb leds is there?

jedimasterben
I dont know if this has been asked before but can more than one driver be wire to the same plug? Like say my rb driver be wired to its own plug so it can be on a timer fr an hour overlap and my other 3 drivers be wired to the same plug and be on a seperate timer?

also jedi ben theres no driver that can handle the 24 rb leds is there?

More than one per plug seems to be ok so far as I have seen.

Not from Aquastyle, no.

jedimasterben
Emailed him like 3 days ago and still no response. Hmm

He won't answer you unless you place an order first. Not a good business model, IMHO.

He won't answer you unless you place an order first. Not a good business model, IMHO.

The reason why I walked away from buying. That and it worked out about the same price to buy my parts from the States and ship to me in Canada.

Driver Help....

I am in dire need of getting my Aquastyle Online LED system running today. Everything is soldered, leds are installed and tested. Now, I opted for the Meanwell driver from Aquastyle...model # (LPF-60D-48). This driver was suggested here on Nano-reef as it will allow me to control the leds via my Aquacontroller Jr. Thing is, I'm not ready to hook it up to my controller, as i have the older ACJr Model and im almost certain i need other parts to get this going with my current controller. So, I'm hoping for now I can hook this up to the pots that came with my Aquastyle 36 DIY system. I have two of these drivers. On the side where wires are used to hookup the pots/leds, there is a red wire---to hook up with the led positive, a black wire to hook up with the led negative and one white wire and one blue wire. I'm thinking I can hook the blue and white wire to the pot and this driver will work fine. Is this correct? If not, please advise. There is a Radio Shack near me and I can go there if I need to. I just need to know what to do so I will not destroy my new led system and all the work I put into it to get it setup. Thanks.

jedimasterben
Driver Help....

I am in dire need of getting my Aquastyle Online LED system running today. Everything is soldered, leds are installed and tested. Now, i ordered opted for the Meanwell driver from Aquastyle...model # (LPF-60D-48). This will allow me to control the leds via my Aquacontroller Jr. Thing is, Im not ready to hook it up to my controller, as i have the older ACJr. Model and im almost certain i need other parts to get this going. So, Im hoping for now, i can hook this up to the pots that came with my Aquastyle 36 DIY system. I have two of these drivers. On the side where wires are to hookup the pots/leds, there is a red wire---to hook up with the led positive, a black wire to hook up with the led negative and one white wire and one blue wire. I'm thinking I can hook the blue and white wire to the pot and this driver will work fine. Is this correct? If not, please advise. There is a radio shack near me and I can go there if I need to. I just need to know what to do so I will not destroy my new led system and all the work I put into it to get it setup. Thanks.

Just hook the pot up to the white and blue wire.

Just hook the pot up to the white and blue wire.

Thanks. Do I solder the wires onto the pots?

Also the driver's AC end has a thick blue wire and a thick brownish-red wire. So, to get this end connected to the AC cord, I assume I just connect the brownish-red wire on the AC end of the driver to the brownish-red wire on the AC cord and the blue wire on the AC end of the driver to the blue wire on the AC cord? Is this right?

jedimasterben
Thanks. Do I solder the wires onto the pots?

Also the driver's AC end has a thick blue wire and a thick brownish-red wire. So, to get this end connected to the AC cord, I assume I just connect the brownish-red wire on the AC end of the driver to the brownish-red wire on the AC cord and the blue wire on the AC end of the driver to the blue wire on the AC cord? Is this right?

Yes, solder them to the pot so they don't decide to run away!

And yes, connect it like you said to. :)

subsailor07

Quick question. Has anyone used the 24 dimmable kit for the Biocube 29G? I ordered 12 white (10000K) and 10 RB and 2 Violet.

Ive been searching the web for mounting arms to hang my fixture from. Has anyone come across any that you can attach to your stand?

jedimasterben
Quick question. Has anyone used the 24 dimmable kit for the Biocube 29G? I ordered 12 white (10000K) and 10 RB and 2 Violet.

Should work ok, but those 10000K will look pretty bad. They wash out colors like a boss.

subsailor07
Should work ok, but those 10000K will look pretty bad. They wash out colors like a boss.
/

Well i ordered 4 4500K and my plan is to put them through the middle row. Would that help?

post-74287-1336570751_thumb.png

jedimasterben
/

Well i ordered 4 4500K and my plan is to put them through the middle row. Would that help?

Not really. 10000K LEDs are not anything like 10000k metal halides. They are probably a marketing ploy to sell the ####ty LEDs that too little phosphor gets applied. The CRI rating on them has to be god-awful abysmal. I would trash the 10000k altogether and use only 4500k. Best ratio for 4500k and royals seems to be 2:3 in these Bridgelux, so for the Biocube, I would do 10x 4500k and 15x royal, clustered in five clusters of 2x 4500k and 3x royals.

land_lubber

Alright, so just put second order in for the following:

6 x actinic violet

2 x cyan

2 x pink

16 x rb

10 x 4500k

What I currently have on my tank is this 36 LEDs:

4 x actinic violet

4 x 4500k

5 x 6500k

6 x 10,000k

19 x rb

I won't be using all of the LEDs on my new fixture and I will change the colours around abit. This is what I plan to have on the new fixture for a total of 60 LEDs:

2 x pink (no optics)

2 x cyan (no optics)

10 x actinic violet

26 x rb

15 x 4500k

5 x 6500k

And this is what I plan on running on each driver:

Driver 1 (first to come on)

2 x pink (no optics)

2 x cyan (no optics)

10 x actinic violet

6 x rb

Driver 2 (comes on 1 hour after 1st driver)

20 x rb

Driver 3 (comes on 2 hours after 1st driver)

15 x 4500k

5 x 6500k

What do you guys think? was that easy enough to follow?

jedimasterben
Alright, so just put second order in for the following:

6 x actinic violet

2 x cyan

2 x pink

16 x rb

10 x 4500k

What I currently have on my tank is this 36 LEDs:

4 x actinic violet

4 x 4500k

5 x 6500k

6 x 10,000k

19 x rb

I won't be using all of the LEDs on my new fixture and I will change the colours around abit. This is what I plan to have on the new fixture for a total of 60 LEDs:

2 x pink (no optics)

2 x cyan (no optics)

10 x actinic violet

26 x rb

15 x 4500k

5 x 6500k

And this is what I plan on running on each driver:

Driver 1 (first to come on)

2 x pink (no optics)

2 x cyan (no optics)

10 x actinic violet

6 x rb

Driver 2 (comes on 1 hour after 1st driver)

20 x rb

Driver 3 (comes on 2 hours after 1st driver)

15 x 4500k

5 x 6500k

What do you guys think? was that easy enough to follow?

I would ditch the pink and get deep red. Pink is just a lot of royal blue and a little red and yellow, so it doesn't really do much that royal blue doesn't.

60 LEDs on that tank is a lot, man. Remember that I have 60 of these LEDs on my tank that is quite a bit bigger than yours, and it is WAY too much. I stand behind my original recommendation for you.

land_lubber

I know its alot but I will be dimming them down and am thinking of when I get my bigger tank plus apart from the pink and cyan the rest will have 60 degree optics on. Have you seen the pink before? I was hoping that they would give a nice pink colour like you get on sunset and sunrisel like the Zeovit t5s have.

jedimasterben
I know its alot but I will be dimming them down and am thinking of when I get my bigger tank plus apart from the pink and cyan the rest will have 60 degree optics on. Have you seen the pink before? I was hoping that they would give a nice pink colour like you get on sunset and sunrisel like the Zeovit t5s have.

They are very strong and don't give off a good light IMHO.

On my 55g, if Iturned the LEDs up any more than 4%, I would burn any coral in the tank, including SPS. Your LEDs will be closer together because you have a smaller tank, they will be so strong, even dimming as low as possible (4%) you will burn corals.

Why would you pay more to get more LEDs when you could just run less LEDS with more power to them? Even if you spread the LEDs out when you get a larger tank, you will still have more than enought light. Food for thought.

I set up a 36 led setup over my 20l. I used the stock Aquastyle dimmers. I'm not really happy with the control they provide. For instance. If I turn them down all the way, the lights dim, but are still quite bright. What dimmers can I replace them with that would give me more range of adjustments?

I just hapend to read the above posts about ray not answering without ordering first, I've been emailing him back and forth for the last week and a half making sure that I get exactly what I need. I have not waited more than 12 hours for a response and have not ordered a single thing from him yet. I would try sending an email again.

What dimmers can I replace them with that would give me more range of adjustments?

You need different drivers. Meanwells or Inventronics dim down to 20%.

jedimasterben
You need different drivers. Meanwells or Inventronics dim down to 20%.

By my calculations using power draw, my Maxwellen drivers dim down to 4%.

Drivers from Steve's LEDs dim down to 1%, with dimming to 0% actually turns them off without unplugging them.

Archived