Top Shelf Aquatics

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

godfathernikki

I ordered my kit last wednesday, and it still says 'awaiting shipment.' Does it normally take this long for them to process orders?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
basicfisherman
I ordered my kit last wednesday, and it still says 'awaiting shipment.' Does it normally take this long for them to process orders?

Yes when I ordered my kit it said that for about 5 days before it said that it had shipped. Once shipped it took about 4-5 days for it arrive.

godfathernikki
Yes when I ordered my kit it said that for about 5 days before it said that it had shipped. Once shipped it took about 4-5 days for it arrive.

Ah, ok thanks for the reply

basicfisherman

NP I remember what it was like to wait for the lights to show up. Once they ship they get here very quick for coming from China.

godfathernikki
NP I remember what it was like to wait for the lights to show up. Once they ship they get here very quick for coming from China.

Yea that was actually why I had checked. I saw several posts stating how quickly they had arrived, and mine is seemingly taking forever. And the excitement certainly isn't helping anything :P

godfathernikki
Do they ship FedEx? Something came from FedEx today while I was at work....could it be my lights?

:lol:

Yes, mine was shipped fedex. You can log in on the aquastyle website to see your tracking number. Right now mine is hanging out at CHEK LAP KOK HK :D

Here my 14 gal retro.This was my first diy retro so go easy lol.So far very happy with the kit from them and would order again.

led retro

heatsink.jpg

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

hood3.jpg

ledspower.jpg

ftsled.jpg

top.jpg

jedimasterben
Here my 14 gal retro.This was my first diy retro so go easy lol.So far very happy with the kit from them and would order again.

led retro

snip

Beautiful. How many of each LED did you go with?

Beautiful. How many of each LED did you go with?

Wasn't too sure what to do as so many options. I will maybe change up later down road but I'm very happy so far and I'm very picky with lighting colors.

3 2800

2 6500

4 10 k

2 uv

2 violets

10 royals

jedimasterben
Wasn't too sure what to do as so many options. I will maybe change up later down road but I'm very happy so far and I'm very picky with lighting colors.

3 2800

2 6500

4 10 k

2 uv

2 violets

10 royals

Odd combination. What made you go with a mix of warm, cool, and turbo cool white?

I would also switch the UV for TV.

Plan to switch them like you mentioned. All the years playing with many many t5 bulbs I know every bulb brings something different to the table so figured what harm could it do. Colors don't wash out like some led setups I have seen so I'm happy. Could I get color better? I'm sure lol.color is a lot better then crap pics

jedimasterben
Plan to switch them like you mentioned. All the years playing with many many t5 bulbs I know every bulb brings something different to the table so figured what harm could it do. Colors don't wash out like some led setups I have seen so I'm happy. Could I get color better? I'm sure lol.color is a lot better then crap pics

LED setups are damn hard to get a good picture of!

Hello all,

I guess I'm the newest member of the aquastyle club. My dimmable 24 led kit shipped on 3/26 and fedex says it is scheduled to be delivered 3/29. I'll be really excited if I get home from work Thursday and it is here. 3 days from Hong Konk to Rhode Island doesn't seem bad to me. We'll see.

Rick

Anybody have problems with the maxwellan drivers going bad? I just lost one after 4 weeks. Sent a message to Ray about it and currently awaiting a response.

jedimasterben
Anybody have problems with the maxwellan drivers going bad? I just lost one after 4 weeks. Sent a message to Ray about it and currently awaiting a response.

A buddy of mine (mattidallama) is having issues with his kit. One of the LEDs isn't on and the others are flickering and won't go to 100%. Not sure if it's the LEDs, the pots, or the driver.

basicfisherman
A buddy of mine (mattidallama) is having issues with his kit. One of the LEDs isn't on and the others are flickering and won't go to 100%. Not sure if it's the LEDs, the pots, or the driver.

I had a similar problem with 2 of my LEDs. They will not light up but the rest in the series will light up. I assume that the connection in the LED is good as the rest of lights wouldn't light up?

About to jump in and grab a 36 LED dimming kit from Aquastyles.

The kit comes with standard 10000K LED and RB. Can you change the default selections? If so, do I just place in the order instruction? Sorry I am a newbie at this.

As well, this will be going over a 40B aquarium. What do you think of the selection? Is it enough lighting for Clams and carpet anemone?

16 RB

8 10,000K

8 4,500K

2 violet (is this true violet everyone is talking about)?

2 red

Will be running this across 2 Meanwell LPF-60D-48. Any comment is greatly appreciated :)

jedimasterben
About to jump in and grab a 36 LED dimming kit from Aquastyles.

The kit comes with standard 10000K LED and RB. Can you change the default selections? If so, do I just place in the order instruction? Sorry I am a newbie at this.

As well, this will be going over a 40B aquarium. What do you think of the selection? Is it enough lighting for Clams and carpet anemone?

16 RB

8 10,000K

8 4,500K

2 violet (is this true violet everyone is talking about)?

2 red

Will be running this across 2 Meanwell LPF-60D-48. Any comment is greatly appreciated :)

Yes, just include the proper list in the instructions.

You don't want 10K white. Get all 4500K. I would do:

8x 4500K

14x royal blue

6x true violet (you have to specify TRUE violet, and not UV)

4x red

4x cyan

Red, cyan, and royal blue will make a whitish light, hence not that many whites. Group those three colors as closely as possible, and group the white and blue together, as well.

Have him switch drivers (and pot) to verify whether its the circuit causing problems or the driver. Did he test all LEDs with the tester before soldering?

I had a similar problem with 2 of my LEDs. They will not light up but the rest in the series will light up. I assume that the connection in the LED is good as the rest of lights wouldn't light up?

This is interesting. So if you have failed open LEDs, (which I'm assuming is the case) how does the maxwellen handle this? I'm particularly concerned in cases where you are already at the minimum number of LEDs in a circuit and one or two fail open and increase the voltage in the circuit.

On another note...

I sent a message to Aquastyle yesterday and received a response from Ray. This is straight from my Aquastyle inbox:

Driver problem

28th Mar 2012 @ 4:46 AM

You Said:

Hi Ray,

I had a driver go bad on me today. I went to power on my lights and I heard a crackle then no light from my 7 led true violet circuit. Faint smell of some component shorting out from the maxwellan driver powering the circuit. The other 2 are still working fine.

Brad

Re: Driver problem

28th Mar 2012 @ 1:09 PM

AquaStyle Online Said:

Hi Brad,

OKay, lets send a new replacement to you.

sorry for the inconvenience.

best regards

Ray

Yes, just include the proper list in the instructions.

You don't want 10K white. Get all 4500K. I would do:

8x 4500K

14x royal blue

6x true violet (you have to specify TRUE violet, and not UV)

4x red

4x cyan

Red, cyan, and royal blue will make a whitish light, hence not that many whites. Group those three colors as closely as possible, and group the white and blue together, as well.

Thank you Jedimaster Ben! :)

jedimasterben
Have him switch drivers (and pot) to verify whether its the circuit causing problems or the driver. Did he test all LEDs with the tester before soldering?

He is only running 7 LEDs, so he has but one driver to use. I tested the LEDs myself before giving them to him. He desoldered one that "went out" and the system is working OK now, except that he can't dim them since he's only running six LEDs now.

I still don't know how it could have still ran before (albeit dimmed to ~5%) with an LED that burned out.

Thank you Jedimaster Ben! :)

No problem. :)

Archived