Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A150. Small, good color and wide lense. I've been a huge fan of the way Halide makes a reef look and the kessil is the closest to that IMO in an led.

A150. Small, good color and wide lense. I've been a huge fan of the way Halide makes a reef look and the kessil is the closest to that IMO in an led.

I agree. I've seen all three in person, and I like the Sky Blue model the best. Ocean Blue is too much for my taste, and Deep blue is like a black light.

I really like the 360's, but they're pretty expensive.

jedimasterben

I picked up Bright White bulbs by mistake. Will they work?

Yes, they will work out just fine, they just don't give as much intensity as the cool white ones do.

Yes, they will work out just fine, they just don't give as much intensity as the cool white ones do.

So far it also seems that the fuge light will not elevate temps at all which is awesome. Sump looks pretty cool now. And I built a place to add a couple chemi pure bags where the water will flow through them.

Btw, I'm walking to the metro and it's hot as b@ll$ out here!

jedimasterben

So far it also seems that the fuge light will not elevate temps at all which is awesome.

Think of it this way - it has a maximum wattage of 23w, so at most it could put in 23w of heat, but it probably only adds a couple of watts. :)

jedimasterben

Yep, the sock is doing what it's designed to, so the pores are getting clogged up. Gotta switch them out every day or two, which is why I refuse to use them lol.

• 2 months later...

You alive?

Hey man. Yeah I live! Took a break for a while. Still have the two clowns. Picking up a kessil 150 this week. Not sure what I want to do with it yet.

How's the diving going?

The resort we went to just posted this the other day. I need to go back.

B3584EBA-2845-465C-88ED-FB9ED43527AA_zps

Hey man. Diving is ok. Last couple months have been slow in that respect with travel and work. Should be finished up with Divemaster training by the end of November. Then I can start teaching which leads to free trips and gear. Looking forward to that.

Yeah my shop is all in fiji right now. Bastards.

• 3 weeks later...

OK...I'm starting another build. I havent decided on the tank. Picked up a Kessil 150 and some salt and stuff yesterday from all my trades from the last tank. This one is going to be very basic. Was thinking a 20 long for the kitchen counter

So far ive got 1 Orange spot goby, 2 clowns, blood shrimp and a strawberry crab...and some rocks that need snails. Taking the snails out of my son's tank and plopping them in tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
He's alive still! Merry Christmas bro, soooo whatever happend to the old tank?
Haha I've been around. Lurking. Not much tho. Oh man this summer was so good. I didn't work for like 8 months. Just started back. Aaaaaaannnd it sucks. Nothing good.... This one will be cool as well.

Nice tank!
Thx
  • 2 months later...

10 G kitchen tank is illuminated! Got a basic zoa to see how they hold up. Crappy iPhone pic. iPhone sensor is shit with the kessil.

481D6396-C77C-4F31-B835-EB148B1020BF_zps

Plan is to get a rimless tank to replace this petco 10g. I'm loving this kessil. When I know I can keep zoas for a while I'll start a new thread...NO FILTRATION!

• 5 months later...

Still keeping a tank these days?

Hey man. Funny you should ask. The unboxing will commence in approximately 3 hours! Check my new thread.

• 1 year later...
do not smoke the reef(er)

where did you drill the hole on the return to prevent a back siphon? 

Thinking about getting this set up for a frag tank.

Archived