Top Shelf Aquatics

Solana 34 Gallon Build

Geoff Southworth

Geoff Southworth
On 3/20/2012 at 7:50 PM, kevantheman35 said:

Your gonna want more flow. I had the same set up on my solana (small koralia/return pump) And you will eventually have lots of cyano and will not be able to keep the sand clean. I switched out the koralia for a tunze 6045 and my tank is much happier

Your predictions came true! Still have the koralias though... because of this reply I will be looking for a different setup in the near future

Geoff Southworth
53 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

i just remember the  big solana MH globe fixtures :)

yhudu9uj.thumb.jpg.8bf01aaae16f6c96c69eaa6464410418.jpg

I remember seeing those lights online when I first picked it up. Mine came with something different. I have a kessil 360 wise over the tank currently and have never once regretted that purchase.

• 1 year later...
Geoff Southworth

So my solana journey has come to an end. Recently my tank began to leak and it sent me into panic mode to get all of my inhabitants into a tank on the floor. Thankfully everything survived and is awaiting a new home.

I have started a new build completely from scratch and will be posting some pictures soon. 

3F985314-B693-4D30-ABF2-DA99DE836583.jpeg

• Wow 1
Geoff Southworth

I was pretty horrible. I had to run to the store to grab a tank. Thankfully the leak wasn’t super fast. It looks like the tank had been leaking very slowly for some time. The stand is bubbles up and causes some stress on the seams. 

I plan on making the old tank into a custom sump. I’m going to attempt to cut the glass an and make it from scratch. If I mess up I’ll order the glass sizes needed to fit it in the new stand. 

Fingers crossed!