ReefCleaners.org

•The Magic Kingdom 3g Pico• Retired

Jacob042426

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob042426

I have decided that when my last couple tetras die in my mangrove 10g fw, it will become a rimless mantis tank! :)

(that will be next year)

Just a thought, do some more research. It was an on a whim though process so I didn't put much into it seeing as how it's 11 pm, but yeah.

You can do a DIY MAME. Use the site search for that!

If you decide to go with a syphon overflow, then do yourself a favor and incorporate an aqualifter puml or some way.to.electricly prime the tube. I had an eshoppes nano overflow. I tested the thing over and over and never had a problem with it. Then i had a power outage and it flooded my display tank. NEVER! I repeat NEVER! trust a syphon overflow to hold prime no matter how many times you have seen it do it. I personally wont sump or fuge another tank unless its drilled. But i would imagine that a syphon with an aqualifter to prime would be reliable as well.

Then if your dead set on a sump i would suggest getting a syphon overflow box but make sure it is self priming. It wouldnt be to hard to diy one if you understand how they work. You can also mod a store bought u tube style one by drilling a hole.in the top and connecting a hose to an aqualifter or the air intake on a venturi powerhead. But the easiest thing to do is just buy a self priming overflow box. Drilling glass is risky even for a professional. I dont think you wanna risk it.

Not to mention to drill your tank you would eother have to remove everything to holding containers or lower the water level and drill it while its got animals in it. And diamond drill bits arent cheap.

Go for it. If i was going to diy i would put a priming pump on it though. This is just my experiences though. I know my landlord would have been pissed if he had seen the water on the floor and ive got a feeling your parents wouldnt appreciate it either.

Archived