SaltCritters.com

•The Magic Kingdom 3g Pico• Retired

Jacob042426

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob042426

2 tanks that I will definitely not upgrade to are standard 10 gallons and 20h. I do really like 33 longs, but a rimless one would be too expensive. I will only do a rimless tank.

Jacob042426

Im just worried about when I leave for summer. The pico requores daily care that will be too difficult for a sitter. I need something more stable. I will definetly reset this up in September.

Jacob042426

I wish I wouldnt have to get a bigger tank, but it will be a temporary leave of absence and then I will use the same rock and reset it up in September. Timr for planning!

Anyone have any suggestions that I should do? It will be the awesomest upgrade.

Don't do it, get a sitter, tell him how to feed it and how to use a mag float, tell him how to do a one gallon water change and then leave it be. Put your light on a cheap timer and let it be. All you really have to get the sitter to do is feed, do one water change (you can forget about the rest for one time) and leave the tank as is. Don't take it down and then set it up again, just simply explain these things to your sitter and go. You really don't have anything in there except your bongo and if anything does happen (which it won't if you do the things stated above) then it would not be a detramental loss to you wallet.

Just think about it and upgrade when you really NEED to, there are many ways to solve this problem and upgrading is not a very well thought-out solution.

*Redundency Fail

Jacob042426

Thank you for Telling me that Spencer. I am aweful at making decisions and need someone to assure my ideas. Remember, I am still a noob, so I dont really know what to do in certain situations. :)

Now for the hunt for a tank sitter!

Also, should I spend the extra money and get the full spec par38, or just stick in getting the trupop?

Thank you for Telling me that Spencer. I am aweful at making decisions and need someone to assure my ideas. Remember, I am still a noob, so I dont really know what to do in certain situations. :)

Now for the hunt for a tank sitter!

Also, should I spend the extra money and get the full spec par38, or just stick in getting the trupop?

Just explain to whoever you were thinking about going with that it is not hard and walk him/her through it step by step.

I couldn't help you with that, but this could.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=297625

Jacob042426

I'm think my aunt may be a good sitter. She has had many awesome and big fw tanks.

As for the par38, I think sticking with the trupop will be best because I need to save money. Maybe in the future I'll get the full spectrum...

New title :blush::mellow:

I'm think my aunt may be a good sitter. She has had many awesome and big fw tanks.

As for the par38, I think sticking with the trupop will be best because I need to save money. Maybe in the future I'll get the full spectrum...

New title :blush::mellow:

You really dont need the full spectrum, the TruPop will do the exact same thing but may be little whiter. 12K-14K compared to a 20K look.

IMO, stick with a title, stop changing it, Jacob's 3 gallon picotope would be great, not boring at all, but the sombraro thing has nothing to do with reefkeeping. Just a little advice, been there done that with many repercussions.

Jacob042426

You had a fancy title, and lots of adults have fancy titles. Remember, I absolutely hate being normal/stereotypical and always want to be different. I'm not a person who's always looking for attention, but one who does not want to be part of a crowd. I need to think of a good title!!

Archived