ReefCleaners.org

•The Magic Kingdom 3g Pico• Retired

Jacob042426

jedimasterben
I need a new test kit. I think I'll get a reef master kit from API to save money. I'm also getting a big frag of green slimer from my friend. :)

Red sea or salifert. The API kits dont have the accuracy necessary to be useful as anything more than a rough guideline.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You won't get rid of it like that IME. Just throw in a peppermint shrimp... Make sure its a wild caught one. The captive bred ones don't do anything. Somebody I know put about 30 or 40 captive bred ORA peppermints in a tank that was literally like 100% aiptasia and they did nothing but die. Then he put like 20 or 25 wild caught ones in and they cleaned it all up in a week. :)

Haha, just thought that was kind of wierd, that you need the wild caught ones to be good for your tank, instead of captive bred ones.

Red sea or salifert. The API kits dont have the accuracy necessary to be useful as anything more than a rough guideline.

that's really all i need. i just want it to give me an idea of where im at. if something seems wrong, ill check it with my friends elos kits.

i need to get some new pics up. the tank is looking great!

• 2 weeks later...
s o w h y d o n ' t y o u ?

I'm stuck in bed. :( its the first of many sick days this year! :lol:

anyways... im kinda frustrated with this tank. the nano-mag is messed up and scratched up the front pretty badly and there is this green algae that will not get off the glass. also, i keep re-aquascaping and its a pain in the neck. i had it really nice, and then my birdsnest fell behind the rock structure and i had to take it apart to get it. :(

jedimasterben
I'm stuck in bed. :( its the first of many sick days this year! :lol:

anyways... im kinda frustrated with this tank. the nano-mag is messed up and scratched up the front pretty badly and there is this green algae that will not get off the glass. also, i keep re-aquascaping and its a pain in the neck. i had it really nice, and then my birdsnest fell behind the rock structure and i had to take it apart to get it. :(

Why would you use it if it is "messed up"?

putty and glue your scape together next time to make it more permanent. sorry about the tank scratches :(

is it really bad?

maybe, we'll see. the scratches arent terrible, but they are pretty bad.

Why would you use it if it is "messed up"?

I'm not too sure actually.... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Like... I can't even... Like. :mellow:

It's probably not the glass, it is probably your water because you aren't keeping up with water changes or daily maintenance. Could be a bacterial bloom. When I set up new tanks (or add new sand) some white film gathers on the glass, just rub it off.

• 2 weeks later...
i am getting a 1" teardrop maxima soon. ill get pics once it's settled.

be sure to keep your calcium, alkalinity, and nitrate up, that thing is gonna suck them all down fast.

im anything but rich. the clam is only $30.

Then why are you basically holding a match under your money and boiling a pot of water to kill animals in? :huh:

new terrible fts, my camera hates these blues so i threw the t-5's from the 40b on this tank for the pic and it still hates the blues! :angry:

DSCN0948_zpsad79364e.jpg

everything was just opening, as the lights had just gone on.

• 2 weeks later...

"Let me tell you something about Jacob. We were best friends on Nano-Reef. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then when I got my new tank, I started going to the fish store with my friend Mini-Dude who was totally cool but then he moved to Indiana, and Jacob was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow him off to hang out with Mini-Dude, he'd be like, "Why didn't you PM me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my new tank, which was an all-SPS reef, I was like, "Jacob, I can't hang out with you anymore, because I think you're a softy noob." I mean I couldn't have a softy noob talking with me about my expert reef. There were gonna be SPS in the tank that had super long polyp extension. I mean, right? He was a SOFTY NOOB. So then his mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then he dropped out of Nano-Reef because everyone was being mean to him, and he came back with a lion fish tank, all of his live rock was wild collected and he was totally weird, and now I guess he's given up on the hobby altogether because he hasn't posted in his tank threads in like forever."

- Nano-Reef version of Mean Girls, Euphyllia playing the part of Regina George and Jacob playing the part of Janis Ian.

UPDATE? :angry:

Archived