Cultivated Reef

•The Magic Kingdom 3g Pico• Retired

Jacob042426

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob042426
How's it going?

awesome!!! i still need to pick up my tank. i'm thinking about downgrading to a 7x7x6.

how are you?

awesome!!! i still need to pick up my tank. i'm thinking about downgrading to a 7x7x6.

how are you?

Sounds like a plan! I wanted to go that small too, where are you getting yours?

I've been doing good, been lurking around here to see if I want to start the hobby again.

Jacob042426
Sounds like a plan! I wanted to go that small too, where are you getting yours?

I've been doing good, been lurking around here to see if I want to start the hobby again.

i already have the 7x7x6 tank sitting around. i also would like 14x14x7...

definetly get a new tank. try a pico! they are easier imo.

Jacob042426

i got the tank back... but my friends fragged most of my stuff without my permission. :/

my magicians and rastafarians are missing too. :(

how should i get rid of it? lemon juice?

You won't get rid of it like that IME. Just throw in a peppermint shrimp... Make sure its a wild caught one. The captive bred ones don't do anything. Somebody I know put about 30 or 40 captive bred ORA peppermints in a tank that was literally like 100% aiptasia and they did nothing but die. Then he put like 20 or 25 wild caught ones in and they cleaned it all up in a week. :)

Jacob042426
You won't get rid of it like that IME. Just throw in a peppermint shrimp... Make sure its a wild caught one. The captive bred ones don't do anything. Somebody I know put about 30 or 40 captive bred ORA peppermints in a tank that was literally like 100% aiptasia and they did nothing but die. Then he put like 20 or 25 wild caught ones in and they cleaned it all up in a week. :)

ok, i was thinking about a peppermint shrimp. ill get one when i go to the lfs. do they eat majanos too?

get at least 3, i hear they work better in groups. i got a trio and they cleaned my apistia up in about 2 days.

No, you only need one. One took care of my infested 34 gallon, one took care of my infested 29 gallon. One is fine.

Jacob042426
You only need one they work fine alone, he says

ok

groups are fun too look at though, cept peps die a lot

it's only 3 gallons. i don't wqant to put to many.

i went to the lfs and was looking at the peppermint shrimp and forgot to get one. :wizard:

IKR? Okay, so you go into the LFS and you're going for stuff but then there's just all this pressure and awkwardness and you forget everything after the awk convos w/ teh fiszhnik pplz. :P

Just get one. That's all you need. Don't take it out once all of the aiptasia is gone though because it WILL come back. I've had peppermints clean the tank free of it and then it come back when the peppies die. :(

Jacob042426
IKR? Okay, so you go into the LFS and you're going for stuff but then there's just all this pressure and awkwardness and you forget everything after the awk convos w/ teh fiszhnik pplz. :P

Just get one. That's all you need. Don't take it out once all of the aiptasia is gone though because it WILL come back. I've had peppermints clean the tank free of it and then it come back when the peppies die. :(

that is incredibly true. :lol:

i found another one on the other side of the tank. i definetly need a pep.

I need a new test kit. I think I'll get a reef master kit from API to save money. I'm also getting a big frag of green slimer from my friend. :)

Archived