Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I like the blue kisses! How's the goni doing for you? It looks like it's not extended all the way. They're usually like that if they're not too happy
I haven't looked at my tank in 2 weeks, well, not with any eagle eyes anyway. The goni is getting too much flow IMO. And the frag rack is overflowing. Tomorrow the Max gets moved and gets a chance to settle back down for a week or so while I set up the new tank and decide on yhe scape. Till then my endeavor is to keep everybody stable.

i vote you do what i did. just make a chapter 2 in this thread. :)
you have a chapter 2?

:slap:The above rules are ban stick worthy imo.
Whaaaaat

No reason to visit the new thread if those heinous rules are in place. :(
Aiyaiyai. Is this all a Benny lovefest protest or Kate Upton must stay protest?
jedimasterben

How's the goni doing for you? It looks like it's not extended all the way. They're usually like that if they're not too happy

Not all species extend their polyps, it looks to be the same as the ORA species, which is G. planulata, which has short polyps.

• Like 1

Not all species extend their polyps, it looks to be the same as the ORA species, which is G. planulata, which has short polyps.

oh, I thought they were the ones with purple eyes/centers like these, which I know should be extending:

d_5570.jpg

this is the one that ORA has on it's webpage:

redgoni_lg.jpg

reef gen a some wonderful short-polyp what I saw at manhattan aquariums:

stutchburyi-1.jpg

I think in general the short-polyp gonis have a small diameter oral disc, and the long-polyp ones have a bigger disks

jedimasterben

oh, I thought they were the ones with purple eyes/centers like these, which I know should be extending:

d_5570.jpg

this is the one that ORA has on it's webpage:

redgoni_lg.jpg

reef gen a some wonderful short-polyp what I saw at manhattan aquariums:

stutchburyi-1.jpg

I think in general the short-polyp gonis have a small diameter oral disc, and the long-polyp ones have a bigger disks

It is very difficult to get the species due to their similarities (and apparently they will take in the traits of other gonis next to them), but in my (rather limited) experience the long-polyp species want to get slapped with strong alternating flow, and then the shorter ones are less picky (but still want a lot of flow). I've still got a small piece of a pink goni that has survived the dinos somehow.

Also, relevant to goniopora, start at 0:51 :)

• Like 1
pffft, they're in Timbaktoo. Takes a week for their shipments to get to me. I hate that
Minnesota know wonder it gets here so fast. I am in the UPS 2 day zone you should be in the 3 day.

Aiyaiyai. Is this all a Benny lovefest protest or Kate Upton must stay protest?

A little of both really. :lol:

Personally I'm more a Jennifer Garner or Sophia Bush kind of guy.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Minnesota know wonder it gets here so fast. I am in the UPS 2 day zone you should be in the 3 day.

Minnesota? All of my BRS shipments come from California.

It is very difficult to get the species due to their similarities (and apparently they will take in the traits of other gonis next to them), but in my (rather limited) experience the long-polyp species want to get slapped with strong alternating flow, and then the shorter ones are less picky (but still want a lot of flow). I've still got a small piece of a pink goni that has survived the dinos somehow.

Also, relevant to goniopora, start at 0:51 :)

Ah I've that video! I like (of course) how there's just a field of gonis, and then BAM, moray eel.

My goni gets pretty weak flow actually. I think they like flow best like in the video, where they gently gt pushed back and forth.

Also, Kat, are you feeding yours? I stopped feeding mine for a few months (I had never really seen it ingest anything, and it's polyps started not extending as much (which I think I actually attributed to something funny going on with my water). I started sopt feeding it again, and it's fully extending again.

Placed my order Oct 28. Arrived Nov 4. BRS has never been 3 days to me. I've never liked their shipping rates or times.

Also, Kat, are you feeding yours? I stopped feeding mine for a few months (I had never really seen it ingest anything, and it's polyps started not extending as much (which I think I actually attributed to something funny going on with my water). I started sopt feeding it again, and it's fully extending again.

I haven't target fed mine yet. I've been neglecting the dendro also. I know I know, I'm horrible.

A little of both really. :lol:

Personally I'm more a Jennifer Garner or Sophia Bush kind of guy.

Kat's Benny love fest party thread. Actually I bet I could top a million views if I said Kat takes on the Jedi in an LED challenge.

• Like 2
Placed my order Oct 28. Arrived Nov 4. BRS has never been 3 days to me. I've never liked their shipping rates or times.

I haven't target fed mine yet. I've been neglecting the dendro also. I know I know, I'm horrible.

Kat's Benny love fest party thread. Actually I bet I could top a million views if I said Kat takes on the Jedi in an LED challenge.

That is just odd. MD always takes 5-6 days to me I love BRS think I keep them in business lol.