surgicalsense

Needs a controller ... I have to make a wall mount, clean up wires, blah <_<

... $$$

Your purple shroom is pretty.

Edited by surgicalsense
<-----wants a controller :angry:

Needs a controller ... I have to make a wall mount, clean up wires, blah <_<

... $$$

I vote for the ReefKeeper. It is nice. Nothing against the APEX, I just don't know enough about that one to recommend it.

No wall mount needed, they come with screws from what I can see. As for Wire cleanup, I'm going to use those channels that stick on the wall and hope they work.

With a fan blowing to keep the temp low, the controller is needed more than ever, I've had to turn on the heater lately when the fan makes it too cool

surgicalsense
I vote for the ReefKeeper. It is nice. Nothing against the APEX, I just don't know enough about that one to recommend it.

Second that, I have only looked into ReefKeeper. But I need several outlets now too. I liked the good ol'days when I did not know any better and my tank had two I needed to worry about :P

Edited by surgicalsense

I did a a lot of reading and research, would have gone with the RKL just for the price alone because I don't have anything fancy to set up. But programming it has been difficult for many users and customer support has been hit or miss with DA. With Apex I can control it from a smart phone without adding on a net module. IT was a tough choice to be honest but I feel the Apex is right for me.

Banshee started a thread which led me to my decision.

Here.

Everybody is doing well Newman, thanks for asking. Jerry the crab is just finding his place in the pecking order I guess. I hope to glue stuff down this weekend and will post pictures. The zoanthids are still mostly closed. I also wanted to ask you, what is that cluster of things at the base of the yellow mille, is it a cluster of feather dusters or something else? And, How are you?

Toms Aqualifter and JBJ work great together. I would send you my NIB aqualifter but I'm saving it for my overflow.

Aqualifter is great and so is JBJ. However I would look into the AVAST if you can. Cost is right and it works great. And, no way for salt creep or snails to mess it up like you could have with the JBJ.

Nothing against JBJ, it is great and I liked it, but now that I use the AVAST, I wouldn't go back :P

Aqualifter is great and so is JBJ. However I would look into the AVAST if you can. Cost is right and it works great. And, no way for salt creep or snails to mess it up like you could have with the JBJ.

Nothing against JBJ, it is great and I liked it, but now that I use the AVAST, I wouldn't go back :P

I refuse to have a vibrator looking thing in my ATO. There are children in my home.

oh god please don't quote that!

surgicalsense
isn't it? That lift off is amazing. Whoever made that must have had that camera with the mouse waiting for the perfect shot.

Yes and I can watch it over and over :P

I'm going to take a moment to rant about the chromis I got from Live Aquaria. They're very bright blue and bold and are supposed to be a schooling fish. I ordered 3 and 1 was DOA that left me with 2. Google is the bigger one who hangs out at the front of the tank. Chrome is the little guy no bigger than the sexy shrimp. In fact I think all my sexy shrimp are bigger than chrome. So Chrome hangs out in the back of the tank. Not much of a school IMO.

/rant

Edited by metrokat
surgicalsense
I'm going to take a moment to rant about the chromis I got from Live Aquaria. They're very bright blue and bold and are supposed to be a schooling fish. I ordered 3 and 1 was DOA that left me with 2. Google is the bigger one who hangs out at the front of the tank. Chrome is the little guy no bigger than the sexy shrimp. In fact I think all my sexy shrimp are bigger than chrome. So Chrome hangs out in the back of the tank. Not much of a school IMO.

/rant

Maybe they are just still nervous? Maybe once they settle in more they will swim about your tank.

Edited by surgicalsense
Maybe they are just still nervous? Maybe once they settle in more they will swim about your tank.

It could be. They've been in the tank a week and went through a move also.